Any Living Tabletop?

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A weekend of LARPs/freeforms and tabletops of all kinds in Christchurch, nr Bournemouth.

Moderators: queenortart, ibarhis

Any Living Tabletop?

Postby DigitalMage » 4:25pm on 21 Oct 10

I was wondering whether there would be anyone willing to run and / or play any living campaigns at Consequences, e.g. Pathfinder Society, Living Forgotten Realms, Living Traveller etc?

I could be persuaded to run some LT or even some LFR (I know 4e, but not the FR that well) or PFS (though I am only just getting to grips with the PF RPG rules).

Any interest?
R Grant Erswell
Geek in wolf's clothing
Proud member of the West Midlands Roleplayers and Gaming Meetup Group
Want to check out the FATE system? Download Free FATE, a concise 48 page PDF.
Also available is Free FATE Magic, an 8 page PDF that provides a simple but powerful system to add sorcery, summoning and magic items to your Free FATE game.
Free FATE character sheets: A4 size & Half Size with Name Tent
DigitalMage
Dice Funder
Playing: Nothing
Running: About to run a Don't Rest Your Head one-shot
Planning: Mongoose Traveller scenario for TravCon 2013

Re: Any Living Tabletop?

Postby SJE » 4:37pm on 21 Oct 10

I'd be interested in Living Traveller. Was thinking of running some of the Living Glorantha, but I might just do some Death Watch instead.
"Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise. Arise, Riders of Theoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises. Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"

Exalted Actual Play: Gem City Watch! || Dark Heresy- Silver Dawn/The Castermere Look/The Beiderbeck Investigation || ASOI&F - A Knights Tale || Cold City: BSG || Rogue Trader: Eastern Fringes Trading Co. || Elric: Inception in the Dreaming City || Masks of Nyarlathotep-7e||
SJE
14th-level

Postby Avatar » 4:44pm on 21 Oct 10

I did the Living Traveller demo game at Conception last year with a pre-gen Chatacter, but I wasn't that taken with it.
Lovecraftian Cartoons & Comic Strips By Matt Nixon & Sebastian Dietz.
Check out our Website or become a Fan on Facebook.
Never Knowingly Wrong

Postby SJE » 6:23pm on 21 Oct 10

The modules got better, I thought.
"Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise. Arise, Riders of Theoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises. Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"

Exalted Actual Play: Gem City Watch! || Dark Heresy- Silver Dawn/The Castermere Look/The Beiderbeck Investigation || ASOI&F - A Knights Tale || Cold City: BSG || Rogue Trader: Eastern Fringes Trading Co. || Elric: Inception in the Dreaming City || Masks of Nyarlathotep-7e||
SJE
14th-level

Postby The Crypt Keeper » 2:19pm on 13 Nov 10

Steve,I'd be well chuffed if you ran some Living Glorantha and Living Traveller would be excellent as well. Have only played the LG scenario Loz ran for us at Mongoose and one LT scenario that Grant ran at Continuum.

I'm going to stick my toe in the water and have a stab at running Mr Mullens most excellent Never to Die at some point over the weekend :D
Cardinal Fangorn of the Proggish Inquisition and Keeper of the Comfy Chair

"I shall fetch the soft cushions, a copy of 2112 and a portfolio of Roger Dean album covers"
The Crypt Keeper
Conception

Postby SJE » 1:38pm on 15 Nov 10

OK, I'll bring the 2 Living Glorantha scenarios and muddle through. Jules if you know folk who are interested in Dorset way, can you prod them to have built PC's as I dont have the same rules mastery as Loz and generating PC's at the table will take too.

I'll leave Deathwatch for Conception.

SJE

SJE
14th-level

Postby Das » 1:52pm on 15 Nov 10

Of the Dorset way group most of us dont have any rule books to create characters but if I get a chance I may have a look at what I can find and make it up.

On that note I know Jules that you have a lIving For Queen and Country(Spycraft) you havent done and I could run if you get a group together. MArtin/Mark/Pat are players who I think have yet to play it.

LepRecon
Das
6th-level
Playing: D&D4E, also not enough
Running: Dreden Files
Planning: Coc, Judge Dredd

Postby SJE » 1:57pm on 15 Nov 10

Well there are some pre-gen PC's on the LG website, but dont know if they are that good. I personally play it that new players can move their xp and rewards over to a new PC if they play a pre-gen in their first game (when they are testing out if they are interested in it)

Steve

SJE
14th-level

Postby The Crypt Keeper » 2:13pm on 15 Nov 10

Other than having to nip home to feed the cats I'm there from Friday morning til Sunday night. I'm only signed up for one LARP on Friday morning so hopefully if people want I can do character generation for Living Glorantha given enough time ( I'd don't have Loz's mastery of the books either :wink: ) So many thanks for offering to run Steve. Hopefully a few others will fancy a go and we can get a small table together to fit in between the LARPS you are in. Das, nice prompt re For Queen and Country, I'd like to do that if the others are available.

See you all Friday or over the weekend

"I shall fetch the soft cushions, a copy of 2112 and a portfolio of Roger Dean album covers"
The Crypt Keeper
Conception

Postby SJE » 5:46pm on 15 Nov 10

I'm free in the morning and evening slots on Friday so I'll put up sheets for then. I'll bring both mods - Summons of the Wyter and Golden Liberation Society.

Steve

SJE
14th-level

Postby Das » 6:15pm on 15 Nov 10

Well if its Friday slots then not for me as I will be at school so cant play.
Das
6th-level

Postby SJE » 6:36pm on 15 Nov 10

Even Friday evening? I was thinking 9-13 and 8pm-12.

Sadly I'm fully booked Saturday and Sun.

SJE
14th-level

Postby Das » 7:01pm on 15 Nov 10

I finish work on Friday at 6.30ish more likely 6.45 and then have over an hour drive at that time so I would get to you for 8ish and thats if I dont eat.

On top of that its my RPG Club night and I am running Dresden Files and so am committed to that, its a little closer.
Das
6th-level

Postby Avatar » 8:32pm on 15 Nov 10

I have no interest in Glorantha, Living, Dead, Undead, or otherwise; however I can bring my Faceman for Q&C if it will help make a table.
Lovecraftian Cartoons & Comic Strips By Matt Nixon & Sebastian Dietz.
Check out our Website or become a Fan on Facebook.
Never Knowingly Wrong

Postby The Crypt Keeper » 10:15am on 16 Nov 10

Right I guess the best plan is to pack the LT, LG and FQ & C character sheets plus any books I need to play or create new characters. So no change there then :D

Steve I know a few of the Berserkers are attending Consequences on several of the days, but exactly when I'm not sure.

Martin is going to be there from Friday afternoon and I will do character gen with him and who ever else is around. I'm in a LARP Friday morning and I guess you're in one in the afternoon. Whats the rest of your schedual mate?

I'm know Das and Ytene are likely too be around at some point on Saturday probably afternoon and Grinnen B. will no doubt be looming large at some point. It would be nice to get something going that suits everyones timetable but lets work out the fine details at the Con. I'm sure Bob and Duncan will be looking for the odd bit of gaming as well :)

I do plan on running James Mullen's Never To Die possibly a couple of times but this is most definately suited to an evening slot after a few beers and as far out of earshot of delicate ears as is humanly possible :wink:

See you late Thursday night :mrgreen:

The Crypt Keeper
Conception

Next

Return to Consequences