- [Groundhoggoth Games] Monster Force Terra!
- [DramaScape] SciFi Research Lab
- [Groundhoggoth Games] First Issues
- [D101 Games] Hunters of Alexandria
- [Groundhoggoth Games] Secret Dossiers
- [Ennead Games] Creature Description Generator Volume 1 – Zombies
- Continuum 2016
- You Can’t Text in Traveller
- [DramaScape] SciFi Floor Tiles Virtual Table Top Edition
The story focussed heavily on the dwarves with the recurring themes of the cult of Arvath's Hammer. Arvath was the hero that smashed in to the earth to dig the first caverns after dwarves had been created by the gods to suffer. He stole the secrets of fire and metal from the gods using a bomb to blow open the gates of heaven having built a tower to get there so as to be protected from the sunlight.
The dwarves lost the secret of fire when their mechanics took the source of the ever lasting flame and split it between 100 mining machines which the gods later animated using fire spirits from the lava plains below the dungeon. A spurned twin of the dwarvish king split the dwarves, convincing them to build new towers to attack the gods once more but the offshoot tribes were turned to stone by the sunlight and the gods rent the upper levels of the dungeon asunder leaving them open to the sun. As the dwarfish monarchy waned the guilds took over but the fire spirits rose up and drove the last of the dwarves from the dungeon to the surface where the only way they could survive was to forge day walking amulets using the blood of lesser gods.
As Arvath's hammer was taken back by the gods a splinter group of the day walking dwarves travelled to the heart of the mountain and used Arvath's bomb to destroy themselves, the mountain and all of the remaining life around it seeing the lives of the dwarves as merely the playthings of the gods and choosing oblivion on their own terms over life under the gods.
Lots of twists and turns (and plenty of stuff I haven't mentioned) the game took around 4 hours with 5 of us playing and was excellent.
"I think on this one rare occasion the majority of the fault for the confusion probably lies with me." - Omnifray.
- Location: Maidstone - Kent
- Thanks: 2670 given/2686 received
- Playing: Primeval, Unisystem Post Apoc, G+ TOR
- Running: Kingdom of Nothing, Smallville
- Planning: Always SFLRP
- Location: Stockport
- Thanks: 135 given/81 received
- Playing: Nothing - it all makes me feel uncomfortable
- Running: Call of Cthulhu 7e
- Planning: Doctor Who, Cypher System, Lone Wolf
- Location: Erdington, Birmingham
- Thanks: 1017 given/834 received
- Playing: Occasionally
- Running: Nothing!
- Planning: Publishing Blood & Water, redrafting Just Heroes, writing C&PB
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests