- [Mongoose Publishing] Luriani and Adventure Seeds – Now in Print!Posted 1 day ago
- [DramaScape] The City of FaymouthPosted 2 days ago
- [Cakebread & Walton] OneDice FantasyPosted 1 week ago
- [DramaScape] Medieval Merchants HousePosted 1 week ago
- [DriveThruRPG] Teach Your Kids to Game WeekPosted 2 weeks ago
- [indyhippo] Sci-Fi Beta KappaPosted 2 weeks ago
- [Triple Ace Games] Hellfrost Land of Fire Realm Guide #20: The Caliphate of Al-ShirkuhPosted 2 weeks ago
- [Mongoose Publishing] French Vehicles of World War IIPosted 2 weeks ago
- [Cakebread & Walton] OneDice Abney Park’s Airship PiratesPosted 3 weeks ago
- [DramaScape] Fantasy RoadsPosted 3 weeks ago
The Med Bay is a full-color, 32 x 20 inch, floor plan of a scifi medical bay, with Hex, Square and No overlay.
This Product includes the VTT files for online play.
Now includes a 360° View of the map.
Game Masters need quality maps for their miniatures. DramaScape™ is committed to bringing Game Masters the maps they need.
“The scout team has returned, sounds like they caught some kind of bug down there. Quarantine them and rush them to the medical bay pronto!”
The Med Bay is a single room map featuring a medical bay. This product includes a 360-degree panoramic view of the Med Bay.
The Med Bay is meant to be used in near or far future science games, but could be adapted as a cutting edge high tech medical facility in a modern setting. The Med Bay is perfect for a center location on a starship, star port, or space station. It would also make a great room as part of a planet-side medical clinic or hospital in a futuristic game.
One scenario that could be used with the Med Bay is that a scout team leaves the ship to explore an alien planet and comes back sick. They have a mysterious illness and are burning up with a fever. They are quarantined within environmental suits and then rushed to the Med Bay. The doctors, nurses, and medics need to quickly analyze them and figure out what is wrong. A failed healing check or a complication rolled or card drawn by the Game Master causes one of two effects. The first one is a mental parasite. The alien creature burrows into the brain and then latches onto the brain stem. This causes a form of mental/psychic control over the victim. The afflicted character suddenly has an adrenaline rush and acts at the commands of the mental parasite.
The second one is a physical parasite. The alien creature burrows into the body, and then bursts forth after an incubation period, incorporating the victim’s DNA, resulting in a twisted human/alien hybrid creature. The creature erupting is painful and can possibly kill the character. In both cases, the terrified medical personnel flee, calling the situation up to the bridge. The Player Characters are brought in as a security team to fight the creatures and retake the Med Bay. The doctor tells them to stun the creatures and characters if possible, kill if necessary.