- [Mongoose Publishing] 2000AD PDFs 75% off
- [Ennead Games] Spell Options 1: Fireball
- [Burger Games] STALKER – The SciFi Roleplaying Game
- [DramaScape] Tower 6 x 6 Tiles
- [Groundhoggoth Games] Fin de Siècle
- [Ennead Games] 25% off Anniversary Sale
- [DramaScape] Ruined Tortoise Temple
- [Mongoose Publishing] Pirates of Drinax: Theev
- Episode 40 – Live at The Kraken with Robin Laws
- [Ennead Games] R.I.G.S. Result Volume 5: Weapons
Episode 23: Urban Fantasy & Unknown Armies
(a.k.a. Urban Armies)
Urban fantasy seems like a big old piece of the genre, so we dig around in it a bit before taking an in depth look at our favourite example; Unknown Armies. With a 3rd edition on its way, we can look back fondly on the days before ubiquitous WiFi and iPhones, when the occult underground was a dangerous yet alluring playground for RPGers. There may be six ways to avoid a fight, but zero ways to avoid your enjoyment of this cast from your genial hosts, Baz and Gaz.
Gaz and Baz have spent decades talking about games, ever since University, which was far too long ago for their liking.
All RPG problems were solved in whiskey-fuelled late night sessions, with the disappointing realisation they couldn’t remember any of it the following day being the only fly in the ointment.
Now older, wiser and more experienced, the plucky duo have decided to commit their enthralling discussion to this new fangled podcast technology, in the vain hopes of capturing something useful or interesting.
It should be conversation starter if nothing else. Getting them to start talking was never the problem. Making them stop however…