South Wilts Adventurers In Time

By on 1 October 2014

South Wilts Adventurers in Time is a role playing club based in Salisbury, South Wiltshire. The club has existed since the early 80’s, with some original members still attending. They run 2 or 3 tables with popular games including Pathfinder, Rogue Trader, MERP, Traveller and Star Trek.

They welcome new members with any level of role playing experience. Iif you have any questions and want to find out more then feel free to drop in and visit them or leave a message on their forum

The Club meets in the Scout Hut on Sundays between 6pm and 10pm at Lower Street, West Harnham, Salisbury SP2 8HB

Website: swat.etowns.net

About Dave McAlister

Dave has been roleplaying for over 30 years, having played and/or run most mainstream systems with the espionage genre being an early favourite. So much so that, in 1999, he started Modus Operandi. That same year he joined the Sarbreenar “Living” campaign team as their plotline controller before moving across to the Living Spycraft campaign team (as UK Regional Branch Director) in 2003. 2003 also saw the birth of UK Role Players as well as Dave’s first freelance writing appointment (co-writing World Militaries and consulting on both US Militaries and Battlegrounds, all for Spycraft).

Since then, Dave has concentrated on supporting the UK gaming scene. He has organised and run several small, one-day, events and was the RPG Area Manager for Gen Con UK in 2004. His current favourite systems are Dungeons & Dragons (specifically 5th Edition), Savage Worlds and Cinematic Unisystem. He has a (currently neglected) blog at dave.mcalister.org.uk and runs a D&D 5e SRD website at DnD5e.info.

10 Comments

1. Helen

23 November 2016 at 7:39 pm

Hi, I’ve happily played rpg games on game systems and PC for many many years. I’m new to the area and would like to have a go at gaming with others, and meet some new people at the same time. I’ve never role-played ‘face-to-face’ and was hoping I could come along and watch what goes on. Would love to hear back from you.

2. James

27 November 2016 at 10:26 am

hello , i am thinking about coming down tonight with a couple of friends. We have all gamed before and have played at most of the gaming clubs in Salisbury over the years. Recently we have all found it hard trying to get a group for RPG campaign and would like to come down and see how the club is and if there are any games that have any empty player spaces.

3. Tommi Morgan

1 January 2017 at 9:45 am

Hello,

So I played my first game of D D (5e) 2 days ago and really enjoyed it.
    I’m looking for more experience of the same game and live reasonably locally. Could I pop down and see how you guys do things? When do you restart post new year stuff?

Thanks,

Tommi

• James

27 April 2017 at 1:42 pm

4. Lord Ivars of Henwick

7 March 2017 at 5:15 am

Greetings!
    Looking to join a party of Adventurers in D&D/AD&D asap. Located near Tisbury, can travel to meet up in your area around Salisbury.
    Please contact us, as we are ready to jump in right away… Thank you!
    Kind regards,
    Lord Ivars of Henwick

• James

27 April 2017 at 1:44 pm

The club is running at the moment on Sundays from 6 we have had a few new people pop down recently and join us.i think there’s is two dnd games running at the moment but I know ones quite large so the best bet would be to come and see then speak to the gms

5. Haiden

7 April 2017 at 2:50 pm

Hi guys Ive been running a couple D&D 5e games but have never been able to actually play. Also wondering whether this club is still running?

• James

27 April 2017 at 1:41 pm

6. Steve

23 July 2017 at 4:42 pm

Hi Guys,

I’m am long term but lapsed role player, now living in Salisbury. Does the club still meet? What sort of games do you run?

I was looking to pop along next week if that was practical.

Steve

7. George

29 July 2017 at 12:50 pm

Hi, I’m interested in playing so d&d 5e, I played a bit before and was looking to get into it again. Are you still running and are there games I could join?