- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller – Great Rift Adventure 2: Deepnight Endeavour
- [DramaScape] Modern Zombies
- [DramaScape] SciFi Police Station
- Dark Times Issue 2 Now Available
- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller – Great Rift Adventure 1: Islands in the Rift
- [Chronicle City] Frankenstein Faktoria Role Playing Game
- [Reroll Productions] Age of Anarchy
- [DramaScape] SciFi Rocketship
- D101 Games Winter Sale
- [Traveller] Eve of Rebellion
This forum is provided to advertise your products, services, upcoming conventions, and general roleplaying news. Items posted here may be copied across to the main website (and therefore disseminated to Facebook, Twitter and Google+). When posting here please do not just provide a link and/or a single sentence. Writing good copy is hard, but please try and describe what you are announcing.
If you are providing a link to RPGNow, DriveThruRPG or Amazon.co.uk please use the BBCode buttons provided. These will automatically format your link and provide the correct affiliate code so that UK Role Players can make a little bit of money at no cost to you. If you would rather use your own link for RPGNow and/or DriveThruRPG please append ?affiliate_id=32567 to the end and do not use any other affiliate code. Other affiliate codes will be removed without warning.
The domain name here expires in April. I won't be renewing it. That means UK Role Players will close in 4 months.
- Location: The City of the Imp
- Thanks: 5836 given/2985 received
- Running: D&D 5e: Under Illefarn; Lost Mines of Phandelver; Storm King's Thunder
This place has been a complete hub of my RP life for the last 6 years and other people's for a lot longer. It won't be replaced by anything I can foresee and certainly not by the likes of Facebook and G+; to be honest, I'd rather wander back in the wilderness than subject myself to those platforms on any regular basis.
On the negative side I know that you've felt pushed in this direction as much as pulled and that has been very galling to watch; you have my sympathies on this* and we've talked about it anyway.
Thanks for everything you've done with the site in the period it's been running and a personal thanks in playing a major part of keeping me in the hobby.
(*EDIT: And FULL support.)
- Location: Frinton On Sea, Essex
- Thanks: 1957 given/2321 received
- Playing: Trail Of Cthulhu.
- Running: CoC (Curse Of Nineveh), Esoterrorists, 13th Age.
- Planning: Cthulhu Confidential, Yggdrasill.
- Location: The Maze of Peril
- Thanks: 20 given/52 received
- Playing: Dungeon Inc.
- Running: BLUEHACK™
- Planning: AEON:engine™
I don't know any of the background to this decision so I won't comment, just respect whatever decision is made. But damn, I really like this site. I mean, have you guys seen the rest of the Internet? It's crazy out there!
Thanks for years of support to the community and creating a really good, civilised site for UK roleplayers.
Cyberblues City Cyberblues is a bit like cyberpunk, only more mellow. https://ukrpdc.wordpress.com/2015/10/04/cyberblues-city/
- Thanks: 200 given/693 received
Dave, you have put in a great amount of work and dedication over the decades that has certainly been appreciated by myself and no doubt a great many others.
It will be sorely missed.
The rest of the RPG sites on the internet are awful. This was the only beacon of civilisation out there!
'A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part'-http://darransims.livejournal.com/
Playing crappy characters on a whim for +35 years!
- Location: Derby, UK
- Thanks: 3399 given/1186 received
- Playing: Nothing
- Running: Firefly, Supernatural.
- Planning: Wilderness Throne, Tales from the Loop.
It does feel like other media platforms are winning out - and it's impossible to go to one place these days as a catch all, with my usual journey round several places to try and connect with different people.
I know from speaking at conventions and at other times you seem to be putting in a large amount of admin effort, but little positive benefit - and to coin a phrase Baz is fond of - if it's not fun, don't do it.
I'm sure everyone here appreciates the time and effort you've put in over the years, I know I do.
(PS I'd suggest people don't attempt to find the top 100 thingy mentioned above, The Smart Party and others are on the list, but it appears to be a site for harvesting the details of those who sign up and has negative reviews! )
- Location: Nottingham
- Thanks: 4216 given/4886 received
- Playing: Iron Kingdoms
- Running: Savage Worlds, Hot War
- Planning: Deadlands, Lot5R
- Location: Lazing away the day on the South Coast
- Thanks: 152 given/516 received
I'll just place here the most important point in that email that I want everyone to read:
I was not so sad when the Tavern burnt down cause I knew that UKRP had outperformed it and was happy to come over.
Now I am somewhat devastated, since the combined bubble and brew on UKRP has been great this year.
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Thanks: 3700 given/726 received
- Playing: Symbaroum
- Running: Nowt
- Planning: Dolmenwood and Science Fiction
- Thanks: 0 given/55 received
Whatever happens, a hearty thanks to you for everything Dave.
The Dark Times Fanzine
"Superstition is a name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
- Location: Bromsgrove.
- Thanks: 3 given/34 received
- Playing: Nothing
- Running: Nothing
- Planning: The Dark Times Fanzine, new homebrew campaign
I'll be sorry to lose this site, it's been fantastic for connecting with other role-players, but you have to do what's best for you Dave.
My only personal interaction with you was when sitting running a game on the comfy sofas at Naish (I know, go figure...) and you gave me a UKRPG die because every time you passed that spot, I was there running something.
Thanks again for everything!
Keep up with new nano-games and other games in development at the Groundhoggoth blog.
- Location: Milton Keynes, Bucks
- Thanks: 1611 given/1361 received
- Playing: A Smorgasbord of Short Games
- Planning: Spaghetti ConJunction 2a
Absolutely respect your decision Dave, but hope you’ll change your mind. If you don’t mind me asking publically, what would it take to make that happen?
My RPG stuff for you to own http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/5880/Grand-Scheme-Publishing
What Would the Smart Party Do? https://smartparty.wordpress.com/
- Location: Essex
- Thanks: 2437 given/3268 received
- Playing: Star Wars
- Running: 5e
- Planning: The next Smart Party podcast
But with gratitude and regret, you've got to do what you've got to do Dave. I know that these days you're finding UKRP a demanding and thankless task, and one taking a lot of energy and taxing your patience. I hope that in this thread we've at least made it feel a bit less thankless, at least.
- Location: Sheffield
- Thanks: 6262 given/3556 received
- Playing: Esoterrorists, Unknown Armies, Cthulhu Invictus
- Running: D&D 5e, The One Ring
- Planning: Lots. Always.
G+ would be OK, there's already such a lot going on there. If that is where we go I hope we all do and see each other over there. If not then somewhere else.
But, mostly, thanks to you Dave.
Come to our Sheffield RPG Convention
I write games: http://wordplaygames.co.uk
- Location: Sheffield, UK
- Thanks: 893 given/799 received
- Planning: Heroic Fantasy
And if the person/people that pushed Dave to this are reading this: you're why we can't have nice things. Feel free to **** off.
- Location: Stafford
- Thanks: 155 given/604 received
- Playing: D&D 5e (quarterly-ish)
- Running: D&D 5e (online weekly), Family D&D 5e (weekly-ish)
- Planning: Conan 2d20 or The One Ring, mood dependant
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests