[Soul's Calling] Basic Edition Magic

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
Omnifray:- fantasy roleplay in the mysterious Enshrouded Lands, "a thousand worlds in one", where magic bubbles away beneath the surface, beyond the ken of the common folk, with a unique, detailed, highly flexible rules system

[Soul's Calling] Basic Edition Magic

Postby Omnifray » 7:28pm on 03 Feb 13

Well, I've made my selection of magic for the basic edition of Soul's Calling. All told there are 13 spells I'll be allowing in the Basic Edition of the game.

There are two templates in the basic edition for magic-using characters - Cultist and Halpfae. Cultists can follow Mydhrazh (Eternal Master of the Mysteries of the Sacred Blood), Erria (Demi-Goddess of the Winter Dawn, who loathes the unliving) or Raszkozh (Death's Foe). The cults of Erria and Raszkozh are rumoured to be deadly enemies. Halpfae can have Seelie Ancestry or Unseelie Ancestry.

For each option you choose one spell from each of any four of the 5 numbered rows for that option. One of those spells will be your best ("Weak" skill-level) and the other three will be less potent ("Incipient" skill level).

Cultists of Mydhrazh:-
1. Devouring Flames
2. Otherworldly Wrath
3. Crossing the Spiritual Threshold [a sort of a travel solution]
4. Communion of Darkness [asking questions of spirits of the night] or Prying Visions
5. Gentle Healing [recommended], Path to Life [a sort of raise dead solution], Purge the Corporal Form, Regrowth

Cultists of Raszkozh:-
1. Beckoned Lightning or Devouring Flames
2. Otherworldly Wrath
3. Crossing the Spiritual Threshold
4. Communion of Darkness or Prying Visions
5. Gentle Healing [recommended], Purge the Corporal Form, Regrowth

Cultists of Erria
1. Beckoned Lightning
2. Otherworldly Wrath
3. Crossing the Spiritual Threshold
4. Communion of the Sun [asking questions of spirits of daylight] or Prying Visions
5. Gentle Healing [recommended], Path to Life, Purge the Corporal Form, Regrowth

Halpfae
1. Devouring Flames
2. Otherworldly Wrath [Seelie only] or Clashing of the Spirits [strike a ghostly creature]
3. Wings of Magic [edited:- removed Crossing the Spiritual Threshold]
4. Communion of the Sun [Seelie only], Communion of Darkness or Prying Visions
5. Gentle Healing [recommended], Purge the Corporal Form, Regrowth

Enough to retain people's interest?
Looking for playtesters for the Implodarc Tabletop RPG. If you'd like to playtest it and post public feedback or an AP thread, ask me for the private link to download it, or I can e-mail it to you. At least compared to my usual stuff, it's meant to be simple and quick to play with quick CharGen.
Omnifray
Omnifray

Re: [Soul's Calling] Basic Edition Magic

Postby Omnifray » 1:39pm on 05 Feb 13

There is some unholy effort going into this. Porting 5 spells over from the advanced edition to the basic edition took me 3 hrs 20 mins, an average of 40 mins per spell - and that's after I'd already written them up for the advanced edition and had already done the manuscript annotations on my print-out!! The five I've done so far (the first 5 alphabetically) average just over a page each. Some of those left to come should be much shorter.
Looking for playtesters for the Implodarc Tabletop RPG. If you'd like to playtest it and post public feedback or an AP thread, ask me for the private link to download it, or I can e-mail it to you. At least compared to my usual stuff, it's meant to be simple and quick to play with quick CharGen.
Omnifray
Omnifray

Re: [Soul's Calling] Basic Edition Magic

Postby Omnifray » 12:02am on 07 Feb 13

All 13 spells now written up in full. 14 pages, so just over 1 page per spell. But they're very beautiful spells.
Omnifray
Omnifray

Return to Omnifray