Proof-reading Soul's Calling, Eyes on Indiecon 2014

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
Omnifray:- fantasy roleplay in the mysterious Enshrouded Lands, "a thousand worlds in one", where magic bubbles away beneath the surface, beyond the ken of the common folk, with a unique, detailed, highly flexible rules system

Proof-reading Soul's Calling, Eyes on Indiecon 2014

Postby Omnifray » 11:53pm on 31 Aug 14

After a painful push, I am pretty much done with re-proof-reading up to and including the final chapter of the Core Guide after implementing my manuscript edits and other changes (I haven't yet re-proof-read the appendix, glossary and varies annexes, and it would be nice to re-check the maths in the last two chapters).

Very frustratingly after at first thinking I had miscounted the pages and had space for two more creatures in the mini-bestiary (this book is spread over 62 files), and writing up a Forest Giant and a Vampire to plug the gap, I recounted, decided I had not made a mistake, and jettisoned those two creatures... only now to arrive at exactly the same page-count again, a month later. (!!)

So I think I am going to end up writing up the Forest Giant and the Vampire again, and then goodness knows whether they will make it into the (probably unindexed) ashcan book or whether I will just tear all my hair out instead.

One of the changes I have made since the playtest versions is that the bestiary now has a decidedly more quasi-Slavic flavour, as befits the central nation of Izlavia, from which all core edition PCs hail. Thus for instance the Forest Giant will be based (loosely) on the idea of a quasi-Slavic Chuhaistyr. Though, why spell it that way, when I could spell it Tszhuhaestyr... 8)
Looking for playtesters for the Implodarc Tabletop RPG. If you'd like to playtest it and post public feedback or an AP thread, ask me for the private link to download it, or I can e-mail it to you. At least compared to my usual stuff, it's meant to be simple and quick to play with quick CharGen.
Omnifray
Omnifray

Re: Proof-reading Soul's Calling, Eyes on Indiecon 2014

Postby Omnifray » 3:25pm on 03 Sep 14

Another big push and there's only the stat-glossary to proof-read out of the substantive text, but still have to fix the arithmo-checking and add in the forest giant and vampire as per last post.

Now wrestling with the design of the pre-game handout for Indiecon and future Conventions (see Open RPG discussion). Very excited about the idea of not having to give a pre-game lecture on the distinctive rules, setting and playstyle, if I can persuade people to do their homework beforehand. We shall see.
Looking for playtesters for the Implodarc Tabletop RPG. If you'd like to playtest it and post public feedback or an AP thread, ask me for the private link to download it, or I can e-mail it to you. At least compared to my usual stuff, it's meant to be simple and quick to play with quick CharGen.
Omnifray
Omnifray

Return to Omnifray