BtQ/D&H St War Wars Corporate Espionage?

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
An out of character area for the Play by Message Board (PbMB) games. Here you can request your own game forum or just chat about the games.

Re: BtQ/D&H St War Wars Corporate Espionage?

Postby Peanut » 12:57pm on 28 Jul 11

Just to let you know - we had to empty our loft so the spare room is chocka block with stuff. Which would be fine except I can't now get to my roleplaying bookshelf with my BtQ book on it! i did contemplate launching one of the kids over the top of the pile of stuff but the wife queried how I'd then retrieve her. Apparently leaving her there until the weekend (I said I'd throw in food for her) wasn't an option. So I'm scuppered until the weekend when we should clear most of the junk back up into the loft...

Also - is there room for one more? I have a mate who is a Star Wars nut (he ran a Saga edition SW game for us) who has been missing his roleplaying fix of late and would love to join in.
Peanut
11th-level
Playing: Pathfinder
Running: Nothing, zilch, nada
Planning: Star Wars Edge of the Empire

Postby Halfbat » 2:36pm on 28 Jul 11

Hmmm... Note sure about size, especially online - ime too many peeps in only games and turns can trawl. I'll mull.
Sorry I can't give an immediate response, though.....

Neil - can you PM me about any online experiences you know of with BtQ 6+?
Halfbat
Sceaptune Games
Playing: n/a
Planning: Hyperlite:Corporate Crisis, Hyperlite:Protected Worlds

Postby w00hoo » 2:49pm on 28 Jul 11

It depends on how involved all of the characters are going to be in all of the scenes. If there's the possibility that a resolution could be gained just from the ones that had replied (using the 'anyone who hasn't told me what they are doing by Wednesday is day dreaming' model) then it shouldn't be too much of an issue and having more players makes it less likely the game will peter out and fail through inaction by one or two people (the single biggest bane of any online gaming I've done) however if every resolution needs the interaction of everyone there then it has to be small and dedicated.

With the scope of 'a whole ship' then having some people active and some inactive at any one time should be a lot more achievable than 6 plebs stood in a rough hewn corridor in front of an oaken door...

Just thoughts, you're running it so I'm happy with whatever you call.
"I don't want to remember. But if I don't have the memories, nobody will, so I can't forget." - Samantha.
"I think on this one rare occasion the majority of the fault for the confusion probably lies with me." - Omnifray.
w00hoo
Dice Funder
Playing: Torchwood Victorian, Unisystem Post Apoc, G+ TOR
Running: Nothing
Planning: Always SFLRP

Postby Halfbat » 3:45pm on 29 Jul 11

HI Peanut,
Yeah - invite your friend in, do. I think BtQ will work very well. This certainly isn't going to be a "wait around" style of game, and it doesn't really matter if peeps become separated as we cna run the stories of different peeps easily.

Thanks W00hoo and Neil for your help!
Halfbat
Sceaptune Games
Playing: n/a
Planning: Hyperlite:Corporate Crisis, Hyperlite:Protected Worlds

Postby Peanut » 8:24pm on 29 Jul 11

Cool - will do. Cheers Halfbat :D
Peanut
11th-level
Playing: Pathfinder
Running: Nothing, zilch, nada
Planning: Star Wars Edge of the Empire

Previous

Return to The Welcome Inn...