Dark Heresy

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
An out of character area for the Play by Message Board (PbMB) games. Here you can request your own game forum or just chat about the games.

Re: Dark Heresy

Postby Arkangel » 8:28pm on 13 May 08

WE'RE BA-AAACK! PROD PROD

LETS PLAY, GAME ON GAME ON (JUMP JUMP AND GENERALLY ACTING LIKE A GREAT DANE PUPPY)
Arkangel
14th-level

Postby Kaiserjez » 12:15pm on 14 May 08

Think it's died it's slow lingering death to be honest...
"And, when the doctor said I didn't have worms any more, that was the happiest day of my life."
Pompey Crew Achievements; Arse Like A Japanese Flag, Harry Redknapp'd, Pompey Social, Crash At Mick's, Spend a Penny, Safety in Numbers, Pass The Arse Gravy, The Jonny Gray's Brother Maneuver, Make Mine A Guinness, The Third Troll, Broken!, Gash Tats, Hello Sailor, Informed judgement, Dedication's what you need, The Fly, It's not trolling if..., Thundercats! Ho!
"Jez has champagne pockets and lemonade eyes." -Indie Pete
Kaiserjez
Jonny Gray's Brother
Playing: Nothing
Running: Nothing
Planning: Loads of stuff that I will never finish

Postby Grinnen Baeritt » 5:18pm on 14 May 08

Ah. Really? Well. I'm still up for playing. But then again I'm used to the fairly slow pace of PBP/F games.

I'll make a special effort.. :wink:
Grinnen Baeritt
ConTingency
Playing: Ahem (World of Tanks)...and Civ 5...
Running: Mythos Chronicles 2d20...
Planning: Global Recovery and a way to organise my RPG collection

Postby Pete » 9:40am on 18 May 08

Haha, apologies for the non-start there. I've been away on business the whole week.

I'm off to cycle round the Isle of Wight today, but I'll post later tonight - and I really will post later tonight. Your satisfaction - about posting and getting and getting a move on at least - is guaranteed.

Space marines, plasma cannons, bloody zero-G space battles, and a heresy that ranges across time and space is coming up. I'm leaving sex off the menu this time - aw :( - but descriptions of food in all of it's wonderful, hearty, appetizing glory is still on the menu. I think that there is always a place for fine fare in every game :)

Kaiserjez wrote:Think it's died it's slow lingering death to be honest...

If by 'it' you mean your psychic Lazarus then that can be arranged. I had something else in mind though, something suitably heretical... the guy is a magnet for chaos.

Cheers
Pete
Pete
Reaaaally?!
Playing: The Witcher II
Running: Mouse Guard
Planning: Pig, War Stories For Boys

Meta stuff

Postby Pete » 8:43pm on 18 May 08

Hola

I've decided to do just two scenes: after these are done it's back to Jez. (Yay; or alternatively the next GM in the rolling GM duty-wagon.)

Given the pace of the game, two scenes is plenty long enough :) So I aim to get the Inquisitor's acolytes aboard the space hulk, and play through the first encounter in the scenario. I'll also be doing my best to seed the space hulk, the inquisitor, and the scenario in general with as many plot hooks as I can so that folks can run with all, one, a few or none of them. (Of course, please do the same as regards introducing plot hooks and interesting bits of information that folks can riff off of. Everyine has been doing that anyways, so just carry on as normal.)

I'll also be posting stuff that is private to a character publicly. You'll know such material by the fact that the target character's name will be in the title of the post. If you are not the player of that character, then by all means read it, feel free to work it into your narrative, but bear in mind that your character will not know it. (So any working in that you do has to be plausible.) Here is an example of a title that would contain material for Arky's character:

[Lupe] A Worrisome Boil

The above text is purely an example: Lupe has no worrisome boils :wink:

Cheers
Pete
Pete
Reaaaally?!

[Lazerus]

Postby Pete » 8:55pm on 18 May 08

I read in the Dark Heresy rulebook that:

'Psyker's essences glow brightly in the warp, like bait on a line, and they draw malignant entities to that glow.'

Great stuff.

I also note on Jez's character sheet that Lazerus is 'Ill-Omened'. I ain't read the entire rulebook yet, but can powerful Psykers use lesser Psykers like meat-covered batteries? (In a way akin to the way that The Emperor uses Psykers as batteries to fuel His Existence via the Golden Throne.) If so, then great, that's why Inquisitor Xerxes shoehorned Lazerus in at the last minute - as some extra juice. If not, then aw, I'll go think of something else :)

I'll have some plot stuff for your character Jez as soon as you actually get onboard the space hulk. So like, let's do that.

Cheers
Pete
Pete
Reaaaally?!

[Kurt Tank]

Postby Pete » 8:58pm on 18 May 08

(Shucks, but that Dark Heresy rulebook has a lot of reading in it.) I also read that:

'An Inquisitor is always wary when allying with a [Tech Priest] as chances are that the [Tech Priest] is following his/her/its own agenda, which is often quite separate to that of the other Acolytes.'

Excellent. Now I just have to think up an a suitably coherent agenda for Kurt Tank that is at odds with the goals of the other Acolytes. I already have an element that involves Kurt Tank and The Omnissiah which I'll post on the IC board in a minute, so I'm really looking for another one. (Suggestions welcome.)

Cheers
Pete
Pete
Reaaaally?!

[Farstar]

Postby Pete » 9:03pm on 18 May 08

I read in the Dark Heresy rulebook that:

'It has been known for Arbitrators to turn on the Inquisitors that they have been seconded to serve if they perceive the Inquisitor to have broken sacrosanct Imperial laws.'

Interesting. Avatar is playing Farstar as your quintessential Arbitrator: 'unflinching', 'resolute and fearless', and 'unquestionably loyal to the Imperium'.

It's my duty - one most onerous - as GM to turn the screws of the scenario such that Farstar is tempted to serve another Master in direct opposition to the Emperor. It's button-pushing time... Avatar is gonna post this week (er, hopefully) so let's see what happens with the introduction of the Great Ship Farstar to the superstructure of the space hulk. If Avatar ain't gonna bite there - which is fine - then I've got something else suitably corrupting but it'll have to hold until the party is onboard the space hulk.

Right, that's me done with the meta-OOC stuff for tonight - I think - so I'm off to post a reply to Kurt Tank's equipment requisition sheet, then post some character specific plotty-style hooks, then hit the sackeroos.

Cheers
Pete
Pete
Reaaaally?!

Postby Pete » 9:28pm on 18 May 08

Kaiserjez wrote:Think it's died it's slow lingering death to be honest...

Hola Jezmondo (Hi Jez if you prefer.)

I'm cool to GM the next two scenes... are you still up for this though? If you ain't then I'll knock it on the head, 'cos without your lacerating prose I ain't gonna be much up for it either. So let me know.

Cheers
Pete
Pete
Reaaaally?!

Postby Pete » 10:54pm on 18 May 08

Mother Hubbard. I am a rubbish photoshopper, so don't ask for more schematics :D Once we hit the space hulk then proper maps from the published scenario will be made available.

@Jez: So did you - do you - have schematics for the Endeavour? I should really have asked prior to doing my crimes against photoshop, so I'm not sure I want to know that you do have such schematics :(

Cheers
Pete
Pete
Reaaaally?!

Postby Grinnen Baeritt » 8:22am on 19 May 08

Thanks for the floor plan. It is good. Whether it will be anything like that when we get in is another matter... :D
Grinnen Baeritt
ConTingency
Playing: Ahem (World of Tanks)...and Civ 5...
Running: Mythos Chronicles 2d20...
Planning: Global Recovery and a way to organise my RPG collection

Postby Kaiserjez » 5:22pm on 19 May 08

Peturabo wrote:I'm cool to GM the next two scenes... are you still up for this though? If you ain't then I'll knock it on the head, 'cos without your lacerating prose I ain't gonna be much up for it either. So let me know.

Cheers
Pete

I'm probably going to be otherwise engaged for a few weeks, moving house and sorting loads of stuff out with my dad, real life etc.... So I dunno I guess :shock:
"And, when the doctor said I didn't have worms any more, that was the happiest day of my life."
Pompey Crew Achievements; Arse Like A Japanese Flag, Harry Redknapp'd, Pompey Social, Crash At Mick's, Spend a Penny, Safety in Numbers, Pass The Arse Gravy, The Jonny Gray's Brother Maneuver, Make Mine A Guinness, The Third Troll, Broken!, Gash Tats, Hello Sailor, Informed judgement, Dedication's what you need, The Fly, It's not trolling if..., Thundercats! Ho!
"Jez has champagne pockets and lemonade eyes." -Indie Pete
Kaiserjez
Jonny Gray's Brother
Playing: Nothing
Running: Nothing
Planning: Loads of stuff that I will never finish

Postby Pete » 9:10pm on 19 May 08

Kaiserjez wrote:I'm probably going to be otherwise engaged for a few weeks, moving house and sorting loads of stuff out with my dad, real life etc.... So I dunno I guess :shock:

Okely. I'll put Lazerus into holding mode alongside Chico.

I hope your dad gets well soon Jez.

Hey, does the move mean your children are going to grow up with Glaswegian accents? :P

Cheers
Pete
Pete
Reaaaally?!

Postby Pete » 9:12pm on 19 May 08

Grinnen Baeritt wrote:Whether it will be anything like that when we get in is another matter... :D

I can see that you are a most experienced roleplayer :D

If you have read the scenario, you'll know that it isn't. But ho hum, it get's us one step closer to getting aboard the hulk.

Cheers
Pete
Pete
Reaaaally?!

Postby Arkangel » 9:16pm on 19 May 08

Peterambler Did you get my pm reply to your inquiry?
Arkangel
14th-level

PreviousNext

Return to The Welcome Inn...