Sci-Fi Dice

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
Publisher of the Crimson Exodus sword & sorcery style roleplaying game, the stand alone wound encyclopedia Trauma, and the Fantasy Dice game system known for fast and simple game mechanics with lots of tactical depth.

Sci-Fi Dice

Postby hectorgrey » 7:17pm on 30 Dec 11

So, now that we have a setting specific version of Fantasy Dice already released, and a more generic version under production, what are the odds of the next release being science fiction in focus - perhaps even a setting where the peoples of the Crimson Empire take to the stars?
hectorgrey
2nd-level

Re: Sci-Fi Dice

Postby Claus » 8:28pm on 30 Dec 11

A Science Fiction game will be along at some point as it is something I am very keen on doing, but there are a couple of other books and a Fantasy Grounds module all close to completion lined up before that. I like your idea of taking the Crimson Exodus to the stars, but the couple of potential settings being considered at the moment have nothing to do with the Crimson Exodus setting.

Thanks for asking.

Claus
http://www.RadicalApproach.co.uk - Crimson Exodus and Trauma
Claus has received thanks from the following for this post:
hectorgrey
Claus
Radical Approach
Running: Edge of The Empire
Planning: Too many games at once!

Postby hectorgrey » 7:29pm on 07 Dec 13

So, how's Sci-Fi DICE coming along?
hectorgrey
2nd-level

Postby Claus » 10:52am on 10 Dec 13

Hi,

It is all written and about 100 pages. It is about 50% through editing and layout. It is an extension for the Fantasy Dice rules to adapt them to a science fiction setting and will contain its own approach to character creation, the wealth stat system adapted for credit and reputation based economies, handling of changing avatars, a sanity system to add an element of horror and consequence, weapons and more.

Next up for release is Echoes of Death, a dungeon crawl type adventure set under the mountain city of Holmcrag in the Known World of Crimson Exodus, but easily adaptable to any setting. It will be released this week.

Claus
Claus
Radical Approach

Postby hectorgrey » 4:33pm on 11 Dec 13

Fantastic. Definitely looking forward to it. I have a funny feeling I may end up using this system for all my games. I assume it comes with advice for using energy weapons alongside the Trauma mechanics, and stats for projectile weapons as well as energy weapons?
hectorgrey
2nd-level

Postby Claus » 2:38pm on 19 Dec 13

SciFi Dice is now ready for your reading pleasure: SciFi Dice
Claus
Radical Approach

Return to Radical Approach