- [DramaScape] Secret Bio Lab
- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller Element Cruiser Box Set Kickstarter
- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller – Marches Adventure 2: Mission to Mithril
- [DramaScape] US M4 Sherman and German Tiger I WWII Tanks
- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller – Great Rift Adventure 3: Flatlined
- [DramaScape] SciFi Research Station
- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller – Great Rift Adventure 2: Deepnight Endeavour
- [DramaScape] Modern Zombies
- [DramaScape] SciFi Police Station
- Dark Times Issue 2 Now Available
I ask because when looking at CE2ed I noticed things like rules for using a d16 and a d18 (something I was considering a few years back).
Is CE2ed the product with the newer rule additions and tweaks?
In short, what extra rules will I get if I buy CE2ed?
- Thanks: 1 given/2 received
The rules are the same, but Fantasy Dice offers a bit more guidance on using it for your own setting, whereas Crimson Exodus 2nd ed. offers fleshed out peoples as player characters, quite a few distinct magical artefacts, beasts and monsters, as well as non-player characters, organisations, lore and locations for the setting (which you can likely scavenge for use in your own setting).
There are a few minor additions that appeared in CE 2nd edition that are not in Fantasy Dice. A new "Desperate Defence" tactic, suggestions for using D14 and D16 (basically, if you have them and want to allow skills to go higher then you can use them) and the optional matching sets rule for rolls (i.e. +2 bonus for each matching die beyond the first if chosen as the result).
So there is little new in the form of rules, but you do get more peoples, artefacts, creatures, etc. for your Fantasy Dice game.
- Location: London
- Thanks: 28 given/37 received
- Running: Edge of The Empire
- Planning: Too many games at once!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest