Seven Hills GMs wanted

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
Seven Hills is a new roleplaying convention, to be held in Sheffield, the Rome of the north, on the 26th and 27th of April 2014.

Moderators: First Age, dr_mitch

Seven Hills GMs wanted

Postby dr_mitch » 5:29pm on 06 Nov 16

Okay, I'm now opening up Seven Hills to submissions from all GMs. So, if you please, scenario descriptions or if you must towels on seats for particular slots to me: drmitchener(at)gmail.com

I need:

Name of scenario
System
Game slot
Number of players
Brief description
Tags (optional)
Any special requirements

We do have some minors in attendance this year, so please let me know if your game has an "18 certificate".

Finally, the theme this year is Urban Legends, so if you can work that in, or it inspires you, that's great!
dr_mitch has received thanks from the following for this post:
j0rdi
dr_mitch
dr_mitch
Playing: Ashen Stars
Running: The One Ring
Planning: Lots. Always.

Re: Seven Hills GMs wanted

Postby simonpaulburley » 5:50pm on 06 Nov 16

Put me down for two slots. Any two really but if they vary in length then short rather than long (sat and sun am, rather than the prime late-running sat evening.)

Bit early to say what I'm offering, yet.
"People don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing."

Been around since original D&D
Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.

I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction
Playing: The odd game at Conventions
Running: "Code" books - Comics, SciFi, SteamPunk, Anime.The Black Hack.
Planning: Manifold multi-genre RPG. More Code Books - Fantasyand Horror next

Postby dr_mitch » 10:10pm on 06 Nov 16

simonpaulburley wrote:Put me down for two slots. Any two really but if they vary in length then short rather than long (sat and sun am, rather than the prime late-running sat evening.)

Bit early to say what I'm offering, yet.

Done Simon,

Saturday and Sunday morning it is!

-Paul
dr_mitch
dr_mitch

Postby dr_mitch » 1:04pm on 07 Nov 16

Here's the timetable in progress. It's very nearly full!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqjwvrusrfnxxyq/SevenHillsGamesTimetable2017.xls?dl=0
Darran
dr_mitch
dr_mitch

Postby dr_mitch » 6:50pm on 07 Nov 16

Now completely full!
Darran
dr_mitch
dr_mitch

Postby ncmreynolds » 11:02pm on 07 Nov 16

That was quick.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
This space left intentionally blank
ncmreynolds
Dice Funder

Postby dpmcalister » 11:38pm on 07 Nov 16

ncmreynolds wrote:That was quick.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

#ConKrieg!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
My administrator/moderator voice is RED.

UK Role Players Affiliate Schemes: Amazon :: CafePress :: DriveThruRPG :: D&D Classics :: ProFantasy :: RPGNow
Personal Links: Blog :: Flickr :: LinkedIn :: Twitter
dpmcalister has received thanks from the following for this post:
Darran, dr_mitch
dpmcalister
Administrator
Running: D&D 5e (twice!)
Planning: Pirates of the Spanish Main

Postby dr_mitch » 1:20am on 08 Nov 16

I've never seen the like. I thought...well never mind what I thought. If it's a problem, it's a terrific problem to have.
dr_mitch
dr_mitch

Postby ragr » 7:24am on 08 Nov 16

Although I can't be there I'll be helping out by dispatching the Seven Hills branded hazmat suits approximately two weeks before the Con. Paul will have the contracts requiring their use in the week running up to SH out to you all by January; please sign and return asap.
"He's an okay GM sometimes" - Pebsie
ragr has received thanks from the following for this post:
dr_mitch
ragr
18th-level
Playing: Blades In The Dark.
Running: CoC (Curse Of Nineveh), Ashen Stars.
Planning: Cthulhu Confidential, Esoterrorists, 13th Age. Yggdrasill.

Postby simonpaulburley » 6:29am on 12 Feb 17

System: The Code of the Spacelanes

Title: Babylon Recall - A Blakes Seven adventure

An adventure that never was based on the classic British TV Space Opera. The freedom fighting crew of the powerful, enigmatic, alien spaceship "Liberator" soon won't be the only ones with access to the unbelievable technology of an ancient race.

The idea of Ancient Martians has always been something of an urban legend. Now - it seems - all the stories may have been true. "Something" has been unearthed on Mars. A secret so powerful it threatens to tear The Federation apart with civil infighting, with the victor gaining the ability to grind the galaxy under their heel. (Probably the spiked, white, leather heel of Supreme Commander Servelan.)

What's needed is a brave, mad (suicidal) dash into Earth system - with its defence systems and fleets of Federation pursuit ships - to seize or destroy the enigmatic discovery from under the noses of the various Federation factions before it can foment a conflict that would envelop and kill millions of innocents.

Seven against the Federation. What else is new?

Play any character from any of the four seasons of the original series. What does it matter if Oleg Gan never met Del Tarrant? Jenna and Soolin would probably be fast friends! I've character details for all of them, but you're free to amend them - if you think I've underestimated Blake's leadership abilities - or design your own original Hero.

Played using my own THE CODE OF THE SPACELANES rules. Just 2d6, frighteningly easy, fast and fun - with magic happening every time you roll a double.

Referee: Simon Burley

Players: 2-6 (apparently the SPACESHIP counts as the 7th member of the team - go figure!)
"People don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing."

Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.

I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction

Postby simonpaulburley » 6:53am on 12 Feb 17

System: Manifold (unless I find or write something more appropriate.)

Title: Rest in pieces

Out on "the moors" is a nursing home. Not just any nursing home. This one is home to those the Government want out of the way. And those who, for some reason, the world thinks are dead.

But now all the phone lines, fibre links, Internet and cell phone connections have gone dead. This could be nothing. But it could be somebody's past is coming back to haunt them and - given the enemies some of you made when the world thought you were still alive - you could be in for a busy night.

Good news, you're living with some of the most famous and resourceful people that ever lived. Not so good news is that you've all got a few years on the clock and all you're armed with is a Zimmer frame and a colostomy bag.

Based on the wonderful film Bubba Ho-Tep (Elvis vs. a Mummy in a nursing home) with elements of episode of the New Avengers and The Magnificent Seven. You'll create your own character. The only rules are that they're someone the world thinks is dead but who could - theoretically - still be around.

As of writing, it'll be played using my own Manifold multi-genre rules. My usual 2d6 shenanigans - you all know the score. But I'll be actively investigating other rule systems before the event.

Referee: Simon Burley

Players: 2-6

simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction

Postby nclarke » 11:29am on 12 Feb 17

That was weird I double checked the list after SImon posted and see I'm only down for one slot (my Tekumel game) and thought I was down for two (adding my Mythic Rome game). Still if anyone drops out I claim the spot unless it's slot 2 where I'm running already.
Nigel
nclarke
10th-level

Postby dr_mitch » 4:46pm on 12 Feb 17

I've got guests today which forbids serious Seven Hills maintainance, but the timetable here is out of date. I have you down in slot 4 as well as slot 2 Nigel.

There's also space now for another GM in slot 5. Here's the current one (to be updated as we go).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1caHdRtG_zw4Ru_mqnO_u6P_qr1Q6MDzXNgOP0Eo-t44

For now the site's back!
satbunny
dr_mitch
dr_mitch

Postby nclarke » 7:17pm on 12 Feb 17

Right thanks, I'm not going mad then.
Nigel
nclarke has received thanks from the following for this post:
satbunny
nclarke
10th-level

Postby dr_mitch » 7:34pm on 12 Feb 17

nclarke wrote:Right thanks, I'm not going mad then.

It's not you, it's me!
satbunny
dr_mitch
dr_mitch

Next

Return to Seven Hills