Seven Hills Timetable in progress...

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
Seven Hills is a new roleplaying convention, to be held in Sheffield, the Rome of the north, on the 26th and 27th of April 2014.

Moderators: First Age, dr_mitch

Re: Seven Hills Timetable in progress...

Postby simonpaulburley » 10:36am on 19 Apr 17

FYI: my first game "Rest in Pieces" - famous characters doing a magnificent seven in a nursing home.......

Having failed to find an appropriate alternative system, I've decided that my fully featured multi-genre rules "Manifold" are just TOO fully featured for such a short slot.

So I'll be running the game using a "hack"* of my "Code" system - tentatively (and not well) titled "The Code of Twilight and Wisdom". Not quite RED the RPG but close.

You know the score - 2d6 shenanigans, a wafer thin rule system that let's us just kick back, enjoy the story and go gonzo if we want to. (I've statted up Elvis and Hitler so far and they both work....)

Dunno if the good Doctor will bother to update the game details at this late stage, but I just thought I'd inform y'all.

* is it a "hack" when you wrote the original game or is it a "beta"?
"People don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing."

Been around since original D&D
Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.

I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction
Playing: The odd game at Conventions
Running: "Code" books - Comics, SciFi, SteamPunk, Anime.The Black Hack.
Planning: Manifold multi-genre RPG. More Code Books - Fantasyand Horror next

Postby dr_mitch » 12:21pm on 19 Apr 17

I'll make the change Simon. No problem.
dr_mitch
dr_mitch
Playing: Esoterrorists, Unknown Armies, Cthulhu Invictus
Running: D&D 5e, The One Ring
Planning: Lots. Always.

Postby dpmcalister » 1:02pm on 19 Apr 17

I can see some colour coding on the Games Timetable. Is this the level of pre-bookings?
My administrator/moderator voice is RED.

UK Role Players Affiliate Schemes: Amazon :: CafePress :: DriveThruRPG :: D&D Classics :: ProFantasy :: RPGNow
Personal Links: Blog :: Flickr :: LinkedIn :: Twitter
dpmcalister
Administrator
Running: D&D 5e: Under Illefarn; Lost Mines of Phandelver; Storm King's Thunder

Postby dr_mitch » 1:18pm on 19 Apr 17

Yep... red is fully prebooked, amber is one space left, yellow is two spaces left.
dr_mitch has received thanks from the following for this post:
Darran, dpmcalister
dr_mitch
dr_mitch

Postby simonpaulburley » 1:43pm on 19 Apr 17

dr_mitch wrote:I'll make the change Simon. No problem.

Thanks. I may also change the game description a bit if that's ok. The more I work on it the more intoxicated I get by the possibilities. The players can play ANYONE as long as they're famous and dead. I keep changing my mind about who I'd want to play......
"People don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing."

Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.

I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction

Postby dr_mitch » 1:46pm on 19 Apr 17

Cool- send the revised along by the end of today, and I'll put it up.

Meanwhile, bad news. Newt is unfortunately ill, so his games won't be running. Replacements are being lined up, and those pre-booked are contacted. I just thought I'd better mention it here.
dr_mitch has received thanks from the following for this post:
Darran, dpmcalister
dr_mitch
dr_mitch

Postby simonpaulburley » 5:36pm on 19 Apr 17

Title: Rest in Pieces

System: The Code of Twilight and Wisdom
GM: Simon Burley

Out on "the moors" is a nursing home. Not just any nursing home. This one is home to famous people. I mean, seriously famous. Household names. Across the world. But, for some reason, the world thinks they’re dead. (Apart from all those Urban Legends….)

That’s YOU! You get to be ANYONE. You'll create your own character. The only rules are:

• they've got to be SERIOUSLY famous.
• the world thinks they’re dead.
• they could - theoretically - still be around. (Don’t sweat it though – there’s always cloning and cryogenics.)
We’ll be using my own The Code of Twilight and Wisdom rules – a hack of my super-light, fun, “Code” system. Whoever you want to make, the rules make it easy.

Now you’re enjoying a well earned retirement. Comfort and luxury, all day, every day. But now all the phone lines, fibre links, Internet and cell phone connections have gone dead. This could be nothing. But it could be somebody's past is coming back to haunt them and - given the enemies some of you made when the world thought you were still alive - you could be in for a busy night.

Good news, you're living with some of the most famous and resourceful people that ever lived. Not so good news is that you've all got a few years on the clock and all you're armed with is a Zimmer frame and a colostomy bag.

Based on the wonderful film Bubba Ho-Tep (Elvis vs. a Mummy in a nursing home) with elements of an episode of the New Avengers, The Magnificent Seven, The Alamo and countless other epic stories.

simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction

Previous

Return to Seven Hills