Seven Hills 2018

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
Seven Hills is a new roleplaying convention, to be held in Sheffield, the Rome of the north, on the 26th and 27th of April 2014.

Moderators: First Age, dr_mitch

Re: Seven Hills 2018

Postby simonpaulburley » 7:32pm on 05 Nov 17

Can I offer these games?

Title: Renegades of Dark Space (Season 1 Episodes 1 and 2)
Wherever you were going, whatever you paid for at whatever level of comfort, when you were sealed into your cryo-sleep pod for your interstellar joumey across the Far Frontiers of space, you didn't expect to wake to this!
The reeking hold of some battered old space tub piled high with cryo-tubes disgorging their cargo of scum and villainy - all seeking revenge for being hijacked.
Worse still, there's the distinctive scream of failing shields and foul smelling bodies are hurled across the dim chamber, crushed under toppling cryo-tubes as the ship's internal dampeners fail to cope with what's obviously a sustained attack upon the ship.
If this hulk's even GOT escape pods, there ain't going to be enough for all of you. Between you and survival stands a mob of the galaxy's worst thuggery and a fully armed strike-ship of some kind.
Thank fast! What are you going to do? No one said survival on the frontier was going,to be easy.
Tags: Action Sci Fi, motley collection of characters, survival against the odds, Dark Matter, Killjoys, Pitch Black, Supernova
GM: Simon Burley
Players: 3-6
System: Manifold - my own multi-genre RPG. Easy to play, using just 2d6.
Slot: Saturday Afternoon

Game System: THE CODE OF THE SPACELANES

Title: All of Time and Space

Trapped aboard a runaway TARDIS a motley collection of characters have the time of their lives. 

A Dr Who adventure without The Doctor. 

Play any character from anywhere across the Far Frontiers of Time and Space – just not one from the TV series.

Set in the Dr Who universe, you’ll create and play a character of your own design. It only takes a few minutes. They can come from anywhere across all of Time and Space – even a Timelord if you really want (just not one of the ones from the TV series).

The adventure starts with a motley selection of characters thrown together aboard an out of control Tardis. As “the round things” explode all around you:

IF you can get along

IF you can land the ship one piece 

and

IF you can get the doors open

then outside could be anything, anywhere and anywhen in Time and Space. 

A classic Dr Who adventure – without the Doctor.

Notes: played using my lightweight, cinematic, fun THE CODE OF THE SPACELANES rules this is the exact same scenario I've been offering at dozens of conventions across the UK for nigh on 3 years. It's as if Terry Nation wrote a story for the tenth Doctor. I may choose to run it using my more detailed multi-genre Manifold rules.

If anyone has played it before, simply replace it with the alternative adventure "Worlds Enough and Time". Just as much fun.

Players take the offer to create ANY CHARACTER from ANYWHERE across the
Far Frontiers of Time and Space as a challenge and let their imaginations run wild. Which is always massive fun. Who will YOU make?

Referee: Simon Burley
Players: 2-6
Slot: Sunday Afternoon
"People don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing."

Been around since original D&D
Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.

I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction
Playing: The odd game at Conventions
Running: "Code" books - Comics, SciFi, SteamPunk, Anime.The Black Hack.
Planning: Manifold multi-genre RPG. More Code Books - Fantasyand Horror next

Previous

Return to Seven Hills