ShadowCon XI (26-27 August 2017)

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A weekend-long convention held at Northfields Community Centre, Northfields, West London by the Shadow Warriors.

Moderator: simonpaulburley

ShadowCon XI (26-27 August 2017)

Postby magestones » 12:58pm on 09 Aug 17

Dear All,

ShadowCon XI, will be held on Saturday 26th August and Sunday 27th August 2017 (the Bank Holiday weekend), at the Northfields Community Centre, Northfields, West London, W13 9SS, UK.

Each day will run from 9.00am to 8.00pm, with a morning and afternoon slot and an hour break for lunch. There will be a tuck shop on site selling 'convention standard' fare such as crisps, chocolate and soft drinks

Ticket prices are £4 per game for an RPG slot and £6 (for the whole day) if you're playing Board Games.

Bookings are now open for ShadowCon XI.

To book (RPGs), you need to register on Warhorn (which is simple and quick) and then select your games.

https://www.warhorn.net/events/shadowcon-uk-2017

The RPGs we are offering are:
    Pathfinder Society (PFS)
    Call of Cthulhu
    D&D 5e
    Cypher

We will also have various boardgames (we will have a games library, but you can always bring your own), our Giant Settlers of Catan and X Wing available to play throughout the weekend.

See you there.

Gerald
Shadow Con XI will be running over the August Bank Holiday Weekend (26th & 27th August 2017) at Northfields Community Centre, Northfields, West London. W13 9SS.

For more details Click Here

Gerald Udowiczenko
Chairman
Shadow Warriors
http://www.shadow-warriors.co.uk
magestones
10th-level
Running: Cthulhu
Planning: ShadowCon XI

Re: ShadowCon XI (26-27 August 2017)

Postby simonpaulburley » 1:27pm on 09 Aug 17

Is there a WHFRP convention happening "nested within" Shadowcon? If so, what are the details for this and is there any overlap?

(I seem to remember mixing some WHFRP with other RPGs in the past.)
"People don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing."

Been around since original D&D
Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.

I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction
Playing: The odd game at Conventions
Running: "Code" books - Comics, SciFi, SteamPunk, Anime.The Black Hack.
Planning: Manifold multi-genre RPG. More Code Books - Fantasyand Horror next

Postby Kithran » 1:28pm on 09 Aug 17

I'll be turning up as usual with a car full of board games including a few new ones such as Caverna.

If anyone wants me to bring something specific let me know and I'll confirm whether or not I have it.

Kithran
Kithran
Dice Funder

Postby magestones » 5:33pm on 09 Aug 17

simonpaulburley wrote:Is there a WHFRP convention happening "nested within" Shadowcon? If so, what are the details for this and is there any overlap?

Hello Simon, yes there is, it's called TobyCon. Unfortunately it's full and currently has no places available. If something becomes available would you like to know?

Gerald
Shadow Con XI will be running over the August Bank Holiday Weekend (26th & 27th August 2017) at Northfields Community Centre, Northfields, West London. W13 9SS.

Gerald Udowiczenko
Chairman
Shadow Warriors
magestones
10th-level

Postby simonpaulburley » 6:03pm on 09 Aug 17

magestones wrote:
simonpaulburley wrote:Is there a WHFRP convention happening "nested within" Shadowcon? If so, what are the details for this and is there any overlap?

Hello Simon, yes there is, it's called TobyCon. Unfortunately it's full and currently has no places available. If something becomes available would you like to know?

Gerald

No thanks. I'm afraid I'm already booked that weekend. I was just mentioning it because I thought it was a great extra feature of ShadowCon that other people might be interested in.
"People don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing."

Been around since original D&D
Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.

I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction
Playing: The odd game at Conventions
Running: "Code" books - Comics, SciFi, SteamPunk, Anime.The Black Hack.
Planning: Manifold multi-genre RPG. More Code Books - Fantasyand Horror next

Postby magestones » 11:13am on 12 Aug 17

simonpaulburley wrote:No thanks. I'm afraid I'm already booked that weekend. I was just mentioning it because I thought it was a great extra feature of ShadowCon that other people might be interested in.

If any spaces do appear for WFRP, I'll post up here and let people know.

Gerald Udowiczenko
Chairman
Shadow Warriors
magestones
10th-level

Postby magestones » 11:20am on 12 Aug 17

Kithran wrote:I'll be turning up as usual with a car full of board games including a few new ones such as Caverna.

If anyone wants me to bring something specific let me know and I'll confirm whether or not I have it.

Kithran

Never heard of Caverna, but it looks interesting. Out of interest, is Caverna: Cave Farmers, the same game or an expansion?

Gerald Udowiczenko
Chairman
Shadow Warriors
magestones
10th-level

Postby Kithran » 12:00pm on 12 Aug 17

I think cave farmers is related - if I recall correctly its a two player game. Caverna goes up to 7
Kithran
Dice Funder

Postby magestones » 10:05am on 13 Aug 17

Kithran wrote:I think cave farmers is related - if I recall correctly its a two player game. Caverna goes up to 7

Cool, we should be able to find 5ish players sometime over the weekend to play a game (or two)

Gerald Udowiczenko
Chairman
Shadow Warriors
magestones
10th-level

Postby magestones » 12:07pm on 17 Aug 17

Just to remind everyone the times for the games at are as follows:

Pathfinder
09:30 to 14:30 & 15:30 to 20:30 (with an hour for lunch) - 5 Hour Slots

Non-Pathfinder
10:00 to 14:00 & 15:00 to 19:00 (with an hour for lunch) - 4 Hour Slots

The Centre will be open from approx. 08:30 every morning.

Any questions let me know.

Gerald

Gerald Udowiczenko
Chairman
Shadow Warriors
magestones
10th-level

Postby magestones » 8:55am on 18 Aug 17

Just to let you know we still have space in the following Non-Pathfinder Games. Sign-Ups will be available on the day, but we cannot guarantee spaces, so pre-booking (Warhorn) is recommended.

https://www.warhorn.net/events/shadowcon-uk-2017

Saturday AM (10am - 2pm)

London Calling
SSR Agents Needed - pre-gens supplied
System: Cypher System
GM: Max Bantleman
1947, January, London
The UK branch of the Strategic Scientific Reserve (SSR) has not been stood-down after the war: far from it – they are busier than ever trying to track down a Hydra cell that has just reactivated in response to a cache of weaponry and legacy-tech being found on England’s south coast.
Rumours abound within the SSR of a connection to some ‘mutation devices’ unwittingly dropped by the Nazis to further Hydra’s aims during the war.
The SSR needs all the help it can get…London is calling…

Saturday PM (3pm - 7pm)

Well Here We Are
Serenity crew required - pre-gens supplied
System: Cypher System
GM: Max Bantleman
What now? So much has happened, how do we come back from that?
Things won’t be the same but some things will never change: you still need to get work to keep flying. And the Alliance is still after River.
So, you get onto the next job, you get on with staying one ship ahead of the Alliance. That means it’s onto Valentine, a planet in the White Sun (Bai Hu) system, an old contact of Zoe’s, ‘Gater’, has a cargo he needs taking to Persephone: money is good, seems like a smooth and simple way to get back to work…
Player characters are – Mal, Zoe, Jayne, Kaylee and Simon.

Sunday AM (10am - 2pm)

Jungle of Death (12+)
Adventures Needed - pre-gens available
System: D&D 5th Edition
GM: John Heatherington
In the dark jungles of Chult, the ruins of an ancient civilisation lie, slowly decaying as the jungle reclaims them.

Vast wealth is there, waiting to be discovered by souls adventurous enough to brave the treacherous paths and terrible creatures that stand in their way.

Your party has found a map to a lost city filled with gold, magical treasures and eldritch secrets. Can you find it, or will the jungle claim more victims …

Note: Some experience of the system would be useful

Sunday PM (3pm - 7pm)

Skull Island (16+ Mature Themes)
August 1973, Vietnam - pre-gens supplied
System: Call of Cthulhu
GM: John Heatherington
As the American military pulls out of Vietnam, a small task force is diverted from its trip home to explore a newly-discovered island in the Pacific.

Wreathed in storms for much of the year, it is only accessible for a few short days. But untold riches lay beneath the surface of the island – riches that RandaCorp wish to have for themselves.

With help from the American military, they are going to survey the island and determine whether it is suitable for exploitation. You are members of this expedition, which seems rather

heavily-armed for a simple survey mission. What do the higher-ups know? Is the island really deserted? Why the sudden hurry – it will surely be there next year …

Gerald Udowiczenko
Chairman
Shadow Warriors
magestones
10th-level

Return to Shadow Con