Go Play Leeds FAQs

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A forum for the Go Play Leeds team and their events.

Moderators: decfeeney, GuyMilner

Go Play Leeds FAQs

Postby GuyMilner » 4:17pm on 30 Aug 15

What are we?

We organise regular meet-ups to play RPGs (role-playing games) in Leeds city centre.

Where?

At the Brewdog pub; it’s next to the Corn Exchange, about 8 minutes walk from the train station. There’s a car park just behind it too. We meet from 12 - 5pm, with a break at some point during the game to get lunch.

What kinds of RPG games?

The games will be “one-shots”; you can come down for just one session and get a game, or come more regularly and play a bunch of different games. Some games might follow on from previous games, but there’ll be no problem just joining in with them for one session or longer. The games on offer will be advertised on the facebook page and here, but it’s possible some games may not run depending on numbers. No matter what happens we will try to ensure everyone gets into a game, even if it's not their first choice.

The games will run a little like convention slots, if you’ve ever been to a RPG convention; either quick character gen or pregenerated characters, and a satisfying game experience in 4 hours.

I’ve never played RPGs before; am I OK to come?

If you’ve never played RPGs before, this is the ideal way to start! You can get an idea of what an RPG game is like in the safe hands of experienced GMs (referees).

How do I get a game?

You can fill in a form on the website (http://www.goplayleeds.uk)to pre-book your preferences; we really need you to give 2 options as some games might not run depending on interest / attendance. At the start of the session (by about 12.15, to give everyone chance to get a drink) we’ll sort out who plays in each game - and you can also just turn up on the day, although you might not get your first choice we're confident there's a good range of games on offer. There might be a bit of horse trading to ensure that everyone gets a game they’re happy with, and we’ll play that by ear at the time - we’re all sensible adults here.

Uh, I've got some infrequently asked questions too....

Feel free to post them below, on the facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/GoPlayLeeds), or if you're shy email them to info@goplayleeds.uk and we'll try and answer them ASAP.
GuyMilner
Go Play Leeds
Running: 3:16

Return to Go Play Leeds