Pompey groups

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A forum for use by the gamers at the Portsmouth club.

Moderator: mr toad

Pompey groups

Postby flexycarlos » 2:17pm on 18 Mar 14

Hi Guys (If anyone is still here)

I would really like to get back into Tabletop RPGs, haven't played for maybe 4 - 5 years. Are there any active groups in Pompey that would let me in?

Thanks

Carl
flexycarlos
1st-level

Re: Pompey groups

Postby scopperil » 2:36pm on 18 Mar 14

I'd love the answer to this to be yes. I know one exists in Denmead but it's not very accessible by public transport, which is all I got.

There was Necrognomecon in Southsea a little while back, that was great.
scopperil
2nd-level

Postby Mick Red » 6:00pm on 18 Mar 14

There are a few groups floating about

The Southsea Crypt Kickers have a Facebook group
There is a new club at Denmead
Shane from these boards runs games in Gosport and may have room for one more
Pompey Uni may still have a club also
Mick Red
Gibbering Mouther
Playing: Esoterrorists
Running: Into the Odd
Planning: Yoon-Suin

Postby scopperil » 6:19pm on 18 Mar 14

Thanks Mick - the Southsea group is geographically great, I'll approach them. I think the university one might be NUS only, though.
scopperil
2nd-level

Postby Shane » 11:48pm on 18 Mar 14

Hi Scopperil,

Welcome to UKRP; it's always nice to have new folks along.

Alas, we are full over in our group in Gosport at the mo (especially with the The One Ring being better suited to a modest group size) . There are a few other groups hereabouts I can point you towards if you like, but I think Pompey side of the bay might be more convenient for you (let me know if you want point towards people in Gosport/Fareham).

Regards,

Shane
Shane
Dice Funder
Playing: D&D 5e (quarterly-ish)
Running: D&D 5e (online weekly), Family D&D 5e (weekly-ish)
Planning: Conan 2d20 or The One Ring, mood dependant

Postby flexycarlos » 11:56pm on 18 Mar 14

Thanks for the help guys. I'll see if anyone will have me.
flexycarlos
1st-level

Postby scopperil » 11:59pm on 18 Mar 14

Thanks Shane, and hello, and such. You're right, I'm the other side of Portsmouth from you, but thanks for letting me know.
scopperil
2nd-level

Postby Mick Red » 1:19am on 19 Mar 14

I know of a few (and indeed run the odd) semi regular game if your looking for a quick fix i can ask about for you... Failing that seems there is 2 of you already i can palm 2 more your way... maybe start a group yourselves
Mick Red
Gibbering Mouther

Postby flexycarlos » 8:25am on 19 Mar 14

That's cool. Please bear me in mind if you think you need 1 extra player for anything. That Southsea group are full at the mo, i asked them yesterday. Maybe it will have to come to starting a new one.
flexycarlos
1st-level

Postby Mick Red » 3:11pm on 22 Mar 14

So we have two players in Carlos and Scopperil...? Leave it with me guys and I'll try to jack something up for you... Both PM me your phone numbers or emails
Mick Red
Gibbering Mouther

Postby Dadcubed » 5:37pm on 03 May 14

scopperil wrote:I'd love the answer to this to be yes. I know one exists in Denmead but it's not very accessible by public transport, which is all I got.

There was Necrognomecon in Southsea a little while back, that was great.

Hi,

The issue of public transport is one that I am aware of for getting to our club in Denmead. I'm trying to address that at the moment. I'm hoping that I will be able to resolve this in the next 2-3 months. If not it will be something that will be resolved when the club is franchised. ;).

It's still worth hitting up on the Facebook group though as there are peeps that drive from all around and you maybe able to hitch a lift from a regular? https://www.facebook.com/groups/unrealdimensions/

Whatever happens I hope you can find a group to play with :). What sorts of games are you looking to play?

Pierre :)
Dadcubed
3rd-level
Playing: Playing RuneQuest Shattered Seas
Running: Dungeon World
Planning: CoC / Savage Worlds - Lankhmar / Swords and Wizardy

Postby scopperil » 9:31am on 05 May 14

Hi Pierre - if that's the same you, I think we shared a Witch game at Dragonmeet. (Armond gone zealous, jumped in the fire at the end.) My preference is for the story end of things - *World games, Fiasco, Polaris - but I'm pretty open.

No Facebook, though - deleting my account there was liberating. Does anyone come from as far as the Chichester area?
scopperil
2nd-level

Postby Dadcubed » 7:12pm on 12 May 14

scopperil wrote:Hi Pierre - if that's the same you, I think we shared a Witch game at Dragonmeet. (Armond gone zealous, jumped in the fire at the end.) My preference is for the story end of things - *World games, Fiasco, Polaris - but I'm pretty open.

No Facebook, though - deleting my account there was liberating. Does anyone come from as far as the Chichester area?

I was at Dragonmeet but don't think that was me. I played in a Fate Core game run by Julian?

I have a friend in Chichester who may also be looking for some RP. I'm afraid I don't know of any clubs in Chichester at present. Probably ought to create a franchise of my club there ;).

There is a board games club that runs and I'm certain there are other roleplayers in that area. :)
Dadcubed
3rd-level

Postby scopperil » 2:16pm on 15 May 14

Well, that's exciting - sorry not to have seen this till now. Can you point your friend at this thread? or send you an email address in the background?

I'm in one of the two boardgames groups I know of; there's not a lot of RP interest in mine outside me, though.
scopperil
2nd-level

Postby Dadcubed » 1:42pm on 25 May 14

scopperil wrote:Well, that's exciting - sorry not to have seen this till now. Can you point your friend at this thread? or send you an email address in the background?

I'm in one of the two boardgames groups I know of; there's not a lot of RP interest in mine outside me, though.

Email me at ptpierre@gmail.com and I'll send an introduction email to my mate Simon. He also plays boardgames so I'm sure you could get start with some gaming whilst you start an RP group!!

:)
Dadcubed
3rd-level

Next

Return to Portsmouth