Resurrecting the Pompey Guild of Role-Players

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A forum for use by the gamers at the Portsmouth club.

Moderator: mr toad

Resurrecting the Pompey Guild of Role-Players

Postby Parallax » 2:20pm on 21 Feb 16

Hey everyone.

I'm sure that several of us remember the Pompey crew.

Up until about four years ago, we met regularly in the Deco pub in Southsea. We would run and play one-off sessions of a large variety of games, including 7th Sea, Pendragon, Call of Cthulhu, Pathfinder and so on.

For one reason or another which I won't go into at this moment, the guild was abruptly disbanded in 2012. I am now attempting to remake that by building a new group.

Similar to the previous group, I am aiming to pull together a group of people who can come along, probably on a weekend, and play or offer to run a one-off session or short campaign of games. At the moment I am looking into ideas for times that we can run, along possible venues and anyone who might be willing to help out.

Currently I am using a Facebook page to help us throw together some ideas and get us through the planning stages. If you are interested in this, please join the group over at https://www.facebook.com/groups/917306648377249/ or just reply to this message, or contact me directly.

Let's get this going, guys! :D
Parallax
2nd-level

Re: Resurrecting the Pompey Guild of Role-Players

Postby Mick Red » 9:32pm on 23 Feb 16

Good luck dude... I'll tell Joe and his mates!!
Mick Red
Gibbering Mouther
Playing: Esoterrorists
Running: Into the Odd
Planning: Yoon-Suin

Postby Parallax » 1:03pm on 26 Feb 16

We have some good news. Been able to confirm a venue! Now, it will be contingent on making sure we have enough people around to run at least one game, but because we're already up to 12 members I think it's safe to say we should be good for that. More details as plans happen :) In the meantime, invite your friends who might be interested in joining in?
Parallax
2nd-level

Postby AtomicBeard73 » 11:43am on 22 Mar 16

As a founder member of the PGRP along with Mick, I wish you the best of luck with this endeavor. I only wish I still lived close enough to join in.
EDGE of DARKNESS; the only name in horror RPG's
AtomicBeard73 has received thanks from the following for this post:
Mick Red
AtomicBeard73
11th-level
Playing: Call of Cthulhu, 5th Ed D&D, Unknown Armies and Cold City
Running: For my life...
Planning: a roleplaying convention in the North-east

Postby Parallax » 12:59pm on 01 Jun 16

Hey all. We're now up to our 5th meetup and things are going really well! We're increasing by members steadily and are getting some great games in. If you're in the area or know anyone else who is, definitely give the head-up and come along!
Parallax
2nd-level

Return to Portsmouth