Kelvthulhu

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A forum for use by the gamers at the Portsmouth club.

Moderator: mr toad

Kelvthulhu

Postby AtomicBeard73 » 7:59pm on 17 May 08

Brothers and sister of the guild...i am aware that for many of you CoC has grown boring and so i offer this post for those that still have the love for it.
I have as many of you know recently started a bi-weekly tuesday night session for CoC Campaign play. The group is called the Drake Associates after the Pc's they play.
We have 7 members who do not generally all turn up at once although this week they are :shock: and we have a load of good old CoC fun. They play a variety of PC's covering; criminal, mechanic, professor, private eye, british agent, medium and a 'former' cultist :D
I have also started running CoC games for friends of Leon666 in a bid to swing them over from D&D and to the love of HPL. If this fails then at least they have tried something new and they can then be introduced to the PGRP slowly...(a bit like releasing animals back into the wild but not! :D )
It is if you will a birthing pool for PGRP which has my heart devoted to it and is my main priority club wise.
So anyone wants to talk total CoC, then this is the place :D
EDGE of DARKNESS; the only name in horror RPG's
AtomicBeard73
11th-level
Playing: Call of Cthulhu, 5th Ed D&D, Unknown Armies and Cold City
Running: For my life...
Planning: a roleplaying convention in the North-east

Re: Kelvthulhu

Postby AtomicBeard73 » 8:08pm on 17 May 08

Last night i ran Robin Hood; the betrayal for Leon666, Dave, Sadie, Jim and oron at Jims place.
It is as you may have guessed a CoC scenario and set in sherwood forest and the surrounding areas.
The Pc's played the following; Leon - john little, Jim - Tuck, Sadie - Marian, Dave - Will Scathlocke and Oron - Nasir.
Due to my dislike of combat i allowed the first small battle with the sherriffs men to be comcluded with no die rolls. The Pc's were always going to win it and so i simply asked them to describe thier own indivuidual parts in the fight. This served to make each of those playing identify more with their character and from then on the game stormed along at a great pace.
For me there is nothing better than watching those playing get caught up in thier roleplaying and i found myself on many occasions simply sitting for several minutes as those playing talked in character and i really felt the buzz of the game.
Without revealing too much of the game, it ended with moderate success for the Pc's with Will Scathlocke and Nasir falling along the way. Indeed, as the game ended, only John Little and Marian still stood, Tuck slumped in heap severly wounded.
Many thanks to those who played and special praise goes to Leon who played the game maturely (no seriously) and took the leadership role of John Little to heart. He led by example and was for me the player of the game.
Like i have said many times it makes it easy for a Keeper if he has good roleplayers at his table.
Kudos to you all.
AtomicBeard73
11th-level

Postby Mick Red » 8:25pm on 17 May 08

sounds like a great game :D
Mick Red
Gibbering Mouther
Playing: Esoterrorists
Running: Into the Odd
Planning: Yoon-Suin

Postby AtomicBeard73 » 8:40pm on 17 May 08

:twisted: Cheers Mick.
I ran it at the club back in the community centre in October 2006.
It didnt work for me then but to be fair we had a lot of changing members at the time and i find people dont roleplay to their best with strangers.
Do you agree.
That is why it worked so well last night as this was a close group of friends.
It was the same when i ran our Campaign game the other night.
Anwesh, Jim and Rich instantly fell back into the old style that we used to use when we gamed and it felt just right. To his credit Leon slotted in with the others like a dream and it was as though he had always gamed with them.
I Know the CoC love level at the club is down but i always have parts I &II of the Redemption Chronicles, K275 the pitt, Marche morte de homme, 14th warrior, robin hood and run rabbit run CoC ready to go when you desire ok.
Also part III of the Redemption Chronicles is probably 3 weeks from completion; Rooster Kanes Carnival of Chaos.....coming soon
AtomicBeard73
11th-level

Postby Arkangel » 8:41pm on 17 May 08

Cool, i loved playing that scenario. Glad to hear Leon did John Little justice :D

Arky (John Little)
Arkangel
14th-level

Postby AtomicBeard73 » 8:45pm on 17 May 08

Dude, did you like it?
I got the impression that it went down like a lead balloon.
To my memory those playing were...

Arky - john little,
Al - nasir,
glenn - tuck,
jez - will scathlocke,
stevie p - marian
and Rich lethargic - much

It is a good game (not as arrogant as i sound honestly) and i am more than willing to run it again at the club if the interest is there :D
AtomicBeard73
11th-level

Postby Leon66666 » 8:53pm on 17 May 08

Arkangel wrote:Cool, i loved playing that scenario. Glad to hear Leon did John Little justice :D

Arky (John Little)

I tried, even if everyone else was bloodthirsty.
Leon66666
3rd-level

Postby Arkangel » 8:54pm on 17 May 08

Bloody hell you've got a good memory

BTW check your inbox :wink:
Arkangel
14th-level

Postby AtomicBeard73 » 7:10pm on 18 May 08

The Lauren Bell travelled forth once more up the Mississippi today once more and the Pc's tried their best to stop the darkness around the town of Redemption from killing them all.
Most of them succeeded.
They consisted of a barber named Timothy Armstrong (jim), a businessman or was it gunfighter named Johnny Gunn (arky), a pinkerton agent named Travis Paris (Oran) and a french gambler named Emmanuel LaForge (Kev/Mr toad).
They did extremely well, avoiding the deaths that tried to catch them at every turn and eventually they faced the fiend reponsible...at this point Timothy Armstrong unfortunately fell in battle, his wounds catching up with him.
Those remaining managed to barely stay alive despite also tap dancing, trying to hug each other, thinking that they could see their dead brothers and calling each other Papa...dont ask... :wink:
With a clever bit of thinking from Arky he managed to finally slay the fiend and make sure it stayed dead while Kev kept it busy with his sword cane. Then Oran made sure that they would not get haunted in the years following and commit suicide like so many parties before them...
A good game fella.
Great roleplaying....well done
AtomicBeard73
11th-level

Postby mr toad » 8:31pm on 18 May 08

Cheers for the game Kelv,

I felt it went really well, the pacing was about perfect, story telling was great and it finished bang on time.

In fact the worst thing about the game was either my crappy French accent (which im ashamed to say drifted in and out) :oops: Or
our gunfighters (Allegedly!) ability to hit any thing with his guns except a wounded, non-moving dog and another party member. :roll:

In all honestly though really enjoyed it, you can really tell Kelv loves his CoC :lol:

See you all in a couple of weeks.

Toad
mr toad
Portsmouth

Postby AtomicBeard73 » 8:38pm on 18 May 08

Does it show that much that i really love CoC?
:D Ha ha...
Nice one dude, you played it well.
As for the french accent it was better than my english one... :shock:
I have discovered lately that no matter what game i am running i suddenly start speaking with an australian accent that then goes west country and then back to aussie...dont know why?
This is even when talking as myself in game and not as an Npc.
Has this happened to anyone else or should i start my own san rolls now?
Back to the game though, yeah it worked well. I was a little bit downa fter because being 2 Pc's down meant my Pc handouts didnt always work as well but hey ho...we adapted and overcame.
Cheers fella
AtomicBeard73
11th-level

Postby Arkangel » 8:15pm on 19 May 08

Kelv it was a good session!

I was going to apologise as i was feeling very unwell and so wasn't up to my usual standards I was (unbeknowst at the time) having an allergic reaction to some Garlic! and subsequently had a major league migraine when i got home :(
Arkangel
14th-level

Postby neil » 8:18pm on 19 May 08

Arky's a vampire, Arky's a vampire! :)

- Neil.
neilUser avatar

Postby Arkangel » 8:20pm on 19 May 08

neil wrote:Arky's a vampire, Arky's a vampire! :)

- Neil.

D'oh bugger there goes another secret, guess it's cunning Plan B next then LOL
Arkangel
14th-level

Postby AtomicBeard73 » 3:29pm on 29 May 08

Ran Run Rabbit Run last night for me usual gang, Jim, Oran, Leon and Sadie.
It went really well and flowed a lot better than the first time it was run. I believe this was down to thier only being 4Pc's as opposed to 7 and the fact that there was not as much party splitting...but they tried :wink:
Leon and Sadie unfortunaelty never made it out of the dreaded town in which the Pc's find themselves, Leons lies even now atop the hill by the church, his neck broken as he lies in his white rabbit costume.
Sadie lies 'somewhere else'....wearing her white rabbit costume...minus the ears...a priests gown and a green tablecloth wrapped about her head and a shotgun wound in her chest (ouch 4d6 :lol: )...
Ah well...Jim and Oran escaped...damn them to hell...i will get them next time :wink:
AtomicBeard73
11th-level

Next

Return to Portsmouth