2018 Games

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A convention designed to fill the gap in our calendars that has been left by Conception.

Moderators: simonpaulburley, cade_tosscobble, DMWCarol, Grinnen Baeritt, Wintergreen

2018 Games

Postby Mist77 » 8:10pm on 14 Nov 17

All

As things are moving onwards I thought it might be time to start suggesting what might get run this time round...

i assume that it will be sign-up sheets at the con, three slots ahead as last year, but no doubt if thats wrong someone will let us know.

For me this year is looking as follows:
Shadowrun, will be Anarchy the new light narrative, but still GM'ed version. Finally brings me up to date before the old 3rd ed books finally fall apart. Same world but much lighter on the mechanics but still definitively Shadowrun.

Shadows of Esteren.

Yggdrasill

Scenario details nearer the time as the last is not yet complete.
Yes the cowboys are taking a year off, they may be back we will see.
Mist77
6th-level

Re: 2018 Games

Postby jester_uk » 9:45pm on 14 Nov 17

Warhorn is up and running for organised play and anybody else who wants pre-con signups. In most cases the pre-signup will leave spaces for people to sign up at the Con as well.
There are also the option to list games on warhorn without using the pre-signup (i.e. signup at the con only), so that everybody can get an idea of what's being planned.

Of course, there will also be games being posted once the Con gets going, as there usually are.

For anybody that was there last year, we're planning on finding a different spot for the signup sheets that isn't blocking a corridor, and doesn't suffer from sunlight through the sheets :)

https://warhorn.net/events/con-tingency-2018
jester_uk
BadGirl Tech
Playing: Not much
Planning: ConTingency

Postby nclarke » 10:33am on 15 Nov 17

I absolutely refuse to use Warhorn for reasons I've expanded upon here before so don't expect to see any of my games being offered other than on signup sheets at the con.
Nigel
nclarke has received thanks from the following for this post:
Magus
nclarke
10th-level

Postby Mist77 » 7:35pm on 17 Nov 17

Thanks for the info Jester.
Being able to add the first few slots to Warhorn without letting folks sign up until the con is a useful addition to posting stuff here as there are no doubt folks that Warhorn that don't come here.

I suspect Warhorn will be dominated by Pathfinder (as PS make heavy use of it at all cons they do) and massively under represent what else is going on. I may be wrong but....
Mist77
6th-level

Postby Grinnen Baeritt » 1:31am on 18 Nov 17

For people that want to use Warhorn it is there. But no-one is under ANY obligation to use it, either to book or run games.

Please feel to advertise any games you are considering running here (even if you ARE intending to use Warhorn to do so, as seems like an ideal opportunity to post links through to them. ;). )

Seems a good thread to show-case what you intend to do.. or even what you would like to see running. Thanks Mark for starting the ball rolling.

===========================

I'd like to see some 2d20 games (Mutant Chronicles,Conan or Star Trek), Fantasy Age, Call of Cthuhlu, Cortex, Eclipse Phase, Blue Planet, 7th Sea..... :)
Grinnen Baeritt has received thanks from the following for this post:
jester_uk
Grinnen Baeritt
ConTingency
Playing: Ahem (World of Tanks)...and Civ 5...
Running: Mythos Chronicles 2d20...
Planning: Global Recovery and a way to organise my RPG collection

Postby jester_uk » 4:07pm on 18 Nov 17

Mist77 wrote:I suspect Warhorn will be dominated by Pathfinder (as PS make heavy use of it at all cons they do) and massively under represent what else is going on. I may be wrong but....

Organised play games find it useful because it gives a chance of getting a reasonably balanced party together.
I'm hoping that things will be set up to keep a couple of the spaces at each table free for at-the-con signups, but I can see that's not the case for some games already.

For other games, it's not necessarily as useful, and we (the organiser and players both, I think) do appreciate those who want to run games without using warhorn; the more games there are to choose from at the convention, the better.
jester_uk
BadGirl Tech
Playing: Not much
Planning: ConTingency

Postby Mist77 » 8:54pm on 06 Dec 17

My scenario's are now complete, blurb as follows.

Shadowrun (Anarchy)
Sabotage In The Sprawl
Mr Johnsons got a sabotage problem. Security haven't fixed it. Lonestar haven't fixed it. Guess what, lets try some Shadowrunners, hey he's paying....

Shadows of Esteren
The Factors Fate
A factor on an errand for a merchant known to the characters has gone missing. The merchant writes to the characters and requests they investigate, and recover and if possible deliver the package the missing man was carrying.

Yggdrasill
Scandian Skulldugery
Trouble, as usual, is afoot in Scandia.
The characters are sent to investigate on potentially hostile territory a web of deals.
Also it is suggested they might like to cause the baddies trouble if they can....

First few slots plan may follow in the new year, after that check the sign-up boards at the con.
Mist77 has received thanks from the following for this post:
satbunny
Mist77
6th-level

Postby DMWCarol » 11:41pm on 06 Dec 17

Sounds like a great selection, Thanks :)
DMWCarol
ConTingency
Playing: Pathfinder Mostly
Running: Pathfinder
Planning: Games for Conception

Postby Thermadore » 3:16pm on 15 Jan 18

Hi All - Mark P here with three games this year:

Deep Six - An epic sci-fi adventure for the Imperial Rescue Service (Mongoose Traveller)

Cherry Bomb Smile - a real "blast" of an adventure in Mega City One (Mongoose Dredd Supplement)

The Tomb of the Last Queen - quite proud of this one, written in style of Dungeon Crawl Classics, an adventure for 16 to 24 characters of zero level. First one to spot the H Rider Haggard connection in game gets extra XP :-) (3rd Edition D&D)

Not long now...can't wait!

:-)
Thermadore
2nd-level
Playing: Nothing :-(
Running: 3rd Edition D&D (becasue it's the least broken)
Planning: Dads Army Cuthulhu, Imperial Rescue Service Traveller, When Worlds Collide

Postby satbunny » 12:59pm on 17 Jan 18

Gosh, love to play, or read, all three!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
Tom Zunder: tom at zunder.org.uk
satbunny
The Guvnor
Playing: Symbaroum
Running: Nowt
Planning: Dolmenwood and Science Fiction

Return to ConTingency