- Tabletop Scotland
- Symbaroum – Monster Codex Kickstarter
- [Crooked Staff Publishing] The Little Book Of Dungeons: Volume VI
- Fria Ligan Interview with Tomas Härenstam
- [Ennead Games] Star and Planet Name Maker
- [DramaScape] Medieval Dining Hall
- [D101 Games] The Hollow West
- NecroMech Available As An App
- Ackworth Tabletop Gamers
- [Mongoose Publishing] Classic Paranoia Returns!
http://nerdist.com/nerdist-presents-tho ... s-trailer/
If you've ever wondered what the newest Thor would look like in an 80s video trailer.
I think I'd watch it even more...
Yes I know the "we can afford prosthetics now" Klingons were a bit generic. But I can forgive that.
The one BIG issue I have was the music. Not just the bland - Netflix branding it seems - theme (lack of) tune. The soundtrack. When did SciFi shows adopt this drifty, standoffish, droning Muzak that distances the viewer from the action and totally fails to foster suspense and excitement? BSG suffered from the same thing but I don't think it was first. Where's all the brass? All the thunder? All the EXCITEMENT? Recut these episodes with a full, dramatic orchestral score and it'd change a lot of people's views on events.
Apart from that though, I really liked a lot about the show. The production is bloody beautiful. Yes it's pastiche, but all Star Trek now has to be pastiche and it's good pastiche, with loads of little call backs to the many older series and films. I like how they've cunningly combined Kirk and Spock into a single character. Good use of Sarek. Bad-ass Vulcans. But, most of all, the whole show fronted and carried by two non-White females and you don't even notice it. It's not even worthy of comment. Just as it should be. Just as it should ALWAYS have been.
Been around since original D&D
Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.
I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
- Thanks: 719 given/1408 received
- Playing: The odd game at Conventions
- Running: "Code" books - Comics, SciFi, SteamPunk, Anime.The Black Hack.
- Planning: Manifold multi-genre RPG. More Code Books - Fantasyand Horror next
http://www.crunchyroll.com/blade-runner ... 022-748417
It's only 480p (unless you sign up to their free trial) but that's fine for anime, and it's Eng-dub. So is it worth watching? If you like anime or are looking for some cyberpunk inspiration then I'd say yes, if neither apply but you're a Bladerunner buff then maybe (there's a bit of backstory about the world in there).
Not going to say any more right now, your mileage may vary.
Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Thanks: 2965 given/588 received
- Playing: M&M, Savage Worlds
- Running: Nowt
- Planning: Dolmenwood 5e or TBH
Exalted Actual Play: Gem City Watch! || Dark Heresy- Silver Dawn/The Castermere Look/The Beiderbeck Investigation || ASOI&F - A Knights Tale || Cold City: BSG || Rogue Trader: Eastern Fringes Trading Co. || Elric: Inception in the Dreaming City || Masks of Nyarlathotep-7e||Super(Mad)men from the Stars||V20: The Red List|| Dracula Dossier @LongCon2016
- Location: CanWha Corporate Arcology
- Thanks: 34 given/906 received
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Location: Wetherby, Yorkshire
- Thanks: 327 given/324 received
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest