Who do you want to play?

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
The Gaming Tavern is a comfortable place for the discussion of fantasy, science fiction, visual, literary and in gaming. This forum is the successor to the much loved Gaming Tavern 2004-2016 RIP.

Moderator: satbunny

Who do you want to play?

Postby satbunny » 2:50pm on 11 Feb 17

Ok, let's try something different.

Not what do you want to run, or even what do you want to play (although that's also novel) but WHO?

This is a thread for ideas for characters you would like to play, either in a system, or generically.
Tom Zunder: tom at zunder.org.uk
satbunny
The Guvnor
Playing: M&M, Savage Worlds
Running: Nowt
Planning: Dolmenwood 5e or TBH

Re: Who do you want to play?

Postby satbunny » 4:28pm on 11 Feb 17

So, since reading the 5e and 13th Age Warlock(s), [13th age is unofficial], I have had Urlath Krarl haunting my headspace. An aasimar touched with celestial grace, something drove him to the dark side (what?) and he not only fell from grace but as his family recoiled in horror (are they human or also aasimar?) he forced a dark pact with a fiend, maybe Orcus or the Demogorgon, and is now utterly depraved. Yet, also utterly within the acceptable and relatively lax boundaries of the aristocracy, and quite able to enter the world of free market mercantilism (murder hoboing to you and I).

I could play him in OpenQuest, 5e, 13th Age or Mythras but here he in 5e..

73119_111196245612914_100001676162291_87637_3913035_n.jpg
Urlath Krarl
73119_111196245612914_100001676162291_87637_3913035_n.jpg (78.74 KiB) Viewed 171 times

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f0mnp31r4cdsrz/Hero%20Lab%20-%20Baronet%20Urlath%20Krarl.pdf?dl=0

Baronet Urlath Krarl
Male fallen aasimar warlock 3
Medium , lawful evil
--------------------
Armor Class 13 (studded leather)
Hit Points 21 (3d8+3)
Speed 30 ft.
--------------------
STR 15 (+2), DEX 12 (+1), CON 13 (+1), INT 10 (+0), WIS 8 (-1), CHA 17 (+3)
--------------------
Saving Throws Wis +1, Cha +5
Skills Arcana +2, Deception +5, History +2, Intimidation +5, Persuasion +5
Damage Resistances necrotic, radiant
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 9
Languages Abyssal, Celestial, Common

Actions
--------------------

Dart. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 20 ft./60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Sickle. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 slashing damage.

Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature.
Hit: 3 bludgeoning damage.

Healing Hands (1/long rest). As an action, you can touch a creature and cause it to regain a number of hit points equal to your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Necrotic Shroud (1/long rest). Starting at 3rd level, you can use your action to unleash the divine energy within yourself, causing your eyes to turn into pools of darkness and two skeletal, ghostly, flightless wings to sprout from your back. The instant you transform, other creatures within 10 feet of you that can see you must each succeed on a Charisma saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier) or become frightened of you until the end of your next turn.
Your transformation lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as a bonus action. During it, once on each of your turns, you can deal extra necrotic damage to one target when you deal damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra necrotic damage equals your level.
Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Equipment Dart, Sickle, studded leather, 84 gp, 9 sp, 5 cp

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
System Reference Document 5.0 Copyright 2016, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
satbunny has received thanks from the following for this post:
dr_mitch, First Age, negromaestro, pedr
satbunny
The Guvnor

Who do you want to play?

Postby pedr » 7:37pm on 12 Feb 17

Watching the odd episode of Michael Portillo's train journeys programmes has me wanting to play a character something like:

Arin Blakely d'Sivis, a Gnome trying to break House Orien's monopoly on information about lightning rail operations and making House Sivis services indispensable to post-war improvements to travel.

I'd love to play in an Eberron game which focused on the way the Victorian and industrial revolution elements of the setting could lead to interesting social developments. Perhaps Arin realised that the lightning rail meant that sports teams from across the continent could play each other easily and founded the Khorvaire Association of Street Ball Teams. House Sivis communication systems mean off-site betting is quite possible too :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pedr has received thanks from the following for this post:
dr_mitch, First Age
pedr
Dice Funder
Playing: D&D Next, Star Wars: Saga
Running: D&D Encounters

Re: Who do you want to play?

Postby satbunny » 11:37pm on 12 Feb 17

Baron Krarl would fit right into that magico-Victorian setting very well wouldn't he? I know almost nothing about Eberron, it sounds intriguing. So maybe my fallen warlock and your gnome might meet on a train.. strangers on a train .. who might get on with us?
satbunny has received thanks from the following for this post:
pedr
satbunny
The Guvnor

Return to The Tavern