New job

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
The Gaming Tavern is a comfortable place for the discussion of fantasy, science fiction, visual, literary and in gaming. This forum is the successor to the much loved Gaming Tavern 2004-2016 RIP.

Moderator: satbunny

New job

Postby maddz » 5:02am on 25 Apr 17

Whoopee! Got offered a job yesterday which I have accepted. It was really quick - I got contacted by the agency last Tuesday who sent my CV across, got notified on Thursday they wanted to interview me yesterday first thing, and I am now the proud possessor of a shiny new job! Apparently, I did a perfect interview and I'm exactly what they want.

I start next week (I have a lot to sort out this week, what with switching cars). It's doing what I used to do for Cambridgeshire, but for a London borough and for a lot more money. At the moment, it's a contract post for 3 months in the first instance but there's the real possibility of an extension and possibly move to a longer term arrangement.

The only fly in the ointment is the commute (2 hours each way), but I shall only work 4 days anyway, and work 2 days from home.
maddz has received thanks from the following for this post:
dpmcalister, dr_mitch, satbunny
maddz
6th-level

Re: New job

Postby Dom » 9:28am on 25 Apr 17

Congratulations!

//qThe only defense is to cease all communications. Shut all systems down, receive no messages. Further rep p p sqdr ....................//
"We live in a nuclear powered universe. We're the oddballs by getting energy from burning carbon."
James Lovelock
Dom
8th-level

Postby Newt » 9:44am on 25 Apr 17

Awesomeness :)
Regards

;O)Newt
Monkey! OpenQuest! Hearts in Glorantha! oh my! All at D101 Games
Iron GM get in early and ride the ConKrieg to VICTORY! :D
Newt
D101 Games
Running: FATE / Crypts & Things Remastered
Planning: Wordplay Cyberpunk, Old School D&D, Monkey & 101 other things

Postby satbunny » 6:18pm on 27 Apr 17

Congratulations maddz!
Tom Zunder: tom at zunder.org.uk
satbunny
The Guvnor
Playing: M&M, Savage Worlds
Running: Nowt
Planning: Dolmenwood 5e or TBH

Postby maddz » 5:19am on 06 May 17

Well, I survived the first week. Technically, I'm only supposed to be going into the office 2 days from 4, but to accommodate the induction process I said I'd go in every day - which was convenient as my non-working day next week is Tuesday as I have a scan in the morning.

It's interesting as I am learning the ins and outs of a new case management system as well, but I think I've already been able to produce some useful work. I've already had people looking over my shoulder saying what I've been doing looks interesting.

I've also met another refugee from Cambridgeshire; this one from Childrens Services! Another case where people were invited to apply for their own jobs...
maddz has received thanks from the following for this post:
Dom, satbunny
maddz
6th-level

Return to The Tavern