Hollowpoint

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
The Gaming Tavern is a comfortable place for the discussion of fantasy, science fiction, visual, literary and in gaming. This forum is the successor to the much loved Gaming Tavern 2004-2016 RIP.

Moderator: satbunny

Hollowpoint

Postby Dom » 10:53am on 02 Jul 17

I re-read Hollowpoint last night for probably the third time since it came out. I love the idea of the game, but find it strangely intimidating. Has anyone had experience of running it? How was it?

//qThe only defense is to cease all communications. Shut all systems down, receive no messages. Further rep p p sqdr ....................//
Last edited by Dom on 11:27pm on 06 Jul 17, edited 1 time in total.
"We live in a nuclear powered universe. We're the oddballs by getting energy from burning carbon."
James Lovelock
Dom has received thanks from the following for this post:
oreso
Dom
8th-level

Re: Hollow point

Postby oreso » 12:37pm on 02 Jul 17

Same experience here.

Never seen it played, but the book looked damn "kewl".
Keep up with the latest Pompey Crew Design games, like Witch: The Road to Lindisfarne and the Marquis of the Ferrara, here! Some free games too!
oreso
17th-level

Postby Kaiserjez » 12:48pm on 02 Jul 17

Hollowpoint is the D6 pools one yeah? I only ever played it once and it took a bit of head scratching to grok the system. Once we had it all figured out it ran quite smoothly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
"And, when the doctor said I didn't have worms any more, that was the happiest day of my life."
Pompey Crew Achievements; Arse Like A Japanese Flag, Harry Redknapp'd, Pompey Social, Crash At Mick's, Spend a Penny, Safety in Numbers, Pass The Arse Gravy, The Jonny Gray's Brother Maneuver, Make Mine A Guinness, The Third Troll, Broken!, Gash Tats, Hello Sailor, Informed judgement, Dedication's what you need, The Fly, It's not trolling if..., Thundercats! Ho!
"Jez has champagne pockets and lemonade eyes." -Indie Pete
Kaiserjez
Jonny Gray's Brother
Playing: Nothing
Running: Nothing
Planning: Loads of stuff that I will never finish

Postby PaulBaldowski » 6:26am on 03 Jul 17

Yes, many times. A couple of times as straight Hollowpoint, but many more times as my action orientated bad ass version of The Lord of the Rings, Hobbitpoint.

You read my Goodreads review, Dom. As a Greg Wallace impressionist would yawp, "I like it!".

Quick to explain, fast to run. Very enjoyable.
Paul B
"The Cthulhu Hack hit my doorstep today and it's bloody good!" - Simon Burley
"If you want at least a little bit of butt-kicking, or if you like tossing dice, The Cthulhu Hack is the clear choice." - Steve Roberts, RPG Geek
Ready to game with an All Rolled Up dice bag
PaulBaldowski has received thanks from the following for this post:
Dom
PaulBaldowski
9th-level
Playing: Nothing
Running: Nothing
Planning: Symbaroum, Cthulhu Hack

Return to The Tavern