Anyone used RQDA? ( Qualitative Textual Analysis)

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
The Gaming Tavern is a comfortable place for the discussion of fantasy, science fiction, visual, literary and in gaming. This forum is the successor to the much loved Gaming Tavern 2004-2016 RIP.

Moderator: satbunny

Anyone used RQDA? ( Qualitative Textual Analysis)

Postby Dom » 1:43am on 31 Jan 18

http://rqda.r-forge.r-project.org

I want to install RQDA on my Mac to do some analysis of text for a writing project. I've followed the instructions above (X11 is installed, the framework in place) but every time I try to download RQDA in the R environment I get an error that it can't find the .csv file with the CRAN mirror site addresses in (even though it is there) on the local drive. It then says the file isn't there in the repository.

I've tried taking R back in versions to 3.2.4 (which was the version in use when the installation notes were written) but it doesn't make a difference.

Alternatively, does anyone know of any other software that allows you to import text (ideally ePub) and then tag/code it and allow you to put in searches? For example, imagine I have imported the text of a book, and then gone through it tagging characters, locations and more. I can then run queries (for example, every entry for Wetherby town, or every entry for Prince Humperdink or even for cross over of both or more) that allows me to quickly analyse and check data.

I don't want to spend extortionate amounts of money doing this and ideally it would be useable by others. RQDA looked promising but it's proving challenging.

There's an example about 9:10 onwards in the video above.
"We live in a nuclear powered universe. We're the oddballs by getting energy from burning carbon."
James Lovelock
Dom has received thanks from the following for this post:
satbunny
Dom
9th-level

Return to The Tavern