Games Offered for 1b

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
Spaghetti ConJunction, a one day convention devoted to Tabletop Roleplaying Games right in centre of Birmingham.

Moderators: simonpaulburley, James Mullen

Games Offered for 1b

Postby James Mullen » 8:25am on 06 Aug 17

I've added a game to the website list:
Title: Raising Damien
Description: The Anti-Christ was found 4 years ago and placed in a secure facility to prevent the coming of Judgement Day.

He is 8 years old.

You play Damien’s guards and tutors, dealing with him, raising him and asking yourself: how right is it to imprison a child for the sake of what he might become?

What will it take for you to release Damien? Can you be tempted by his pleas and promises? Or will you decide that imprisonment is not enough? Will you spill innocent blood for a cause you believe in?

GM: James Mullen
System: Primetime Adventures, a character-lead game using the language & structure of a TV program to tell the story.
Notes: Given the potential for adult situations, this game is not recommended for under 18s.
Players: 3 or 4
Slot: Afternoon
Blood & Water is available now on DriveThru: "An awesome, awesome game of mundane nonsense" - Neil Gow

Keep up with new nano-games and other games in development at the Groundhoggoth blog.
James Mullen
Spaghetti ConJunction
Playing: A Smorgasbord of Short Games
Planning: Spaghetti ConJunction 2a

Re: Games Offered for 1b

Postby simonpaulburley » 9:31am on 06 Aug 17

Not sure I can compete with "Ennie nominated" James Mullen but:

Fireball XL5 - INVASION OF THE GRANITOIDS!

It is the year 2064. World Space Patrol ship Fireball XL5 has received an urgent message from Space City. Patrol ship XL14 - responsible for patrolling sector 24 - has been lost with all hands. Before being destroyed, the crew were able to send one last Neutroni radio message.

The planet Plytus has been obliterated by a fleet of Granitoid Warships. Granitoids are a race of virtually invincible robots. Their only weakness, the rare mineral, plyton, was only found on the planet Plytus. With that gone there is nothing to stop them wreaking havoc across the Milky Way.

And now they’re on their way to Earth.

Your mission is to do anything you can to slow delay their invasion fleet to allow the World Space Patrol to call in the other Fireball craft from their assigned sectors to defend Earth.

Anything you can.

A big budget Hollywood update of the class 1960's TV series starring:

IDRIS ELBA - as Colonel Steve Zodiac
ZOE SALDANA - as Space Doctor Venus
MORGAN FREEMAN - as Professor Matthew "Matt" Matic
ANDY SERKIS - as Robert the Robot
JOHNNY DEPP - as Zoonie the LaZoon

GM: Simon Burley

System: The Code of the Spacelanes - an easy to learn system based on 2d6 with magic happening every time you roll a double.

Notes: There is absolutely no need to have any previous knowledge of the TV series or the game system.

Players: 2-5
"People don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing."

Been around since original D&D
Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.

I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
simonpaulburley has received thanks from the following for this post:
James Mullen
simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction
Playing: The odd game at Conventions
Running: "Code" books - Comics, SciFi, SteamPunk, Anime.The Black Hack.
Planning: Manifold multi-genre RPG. More Code Books - Fantasyand Horror next

Postby pookie.uk » 12:12pm on 02 Oct 17

Title: Free Lezam Kigla!
Description: Three years after the Battle of Endor, the Empire is in chaos. The Free Corellian Alliance has declared independence and stands against the remnants of the Empire, many little better than warlords. One such fragment is the human-supremacist Imperial State, led by the self-declared Grand Moff Cunha.

Cunha has kidnapped Lezam Kigla, an outspoken critic of the Imperial State and announced his intent to execute her. The leaders of the Free Corellian Alliance and remaining agents of the Imperial Security Bureau are reluctantly co-operating on a hastily-planned mission to rescue Kigla.

You are that team.

All you have to do is travel to Corfai, persuade Imperial State defector Brovu Gehme to give you some recent codes so you can sneak your ship to Nubia, heart of the Imperial State, break into the jail where Kigla is held, rescue her, and escape. And all that before the tensions between the Free Corellians and the Imperials boil over. What could possibly go wrong?

GM: Neil Smith
System: Star Wars: Edge of Empire (FFG)
Notes: Given the potential for adult situations, this game is not recommended for under 18s.
Players: 4-6
Slot: Morning
pookie.uk has received thanks from the following for this post:
James Mullen, satbunny, simonpaulburley
pookie.uk
1st-level

Postby simonpaulburley » 7:38pm on 03 Oct 17

CHARIOT OF THE GODS

A sprawling fantasy saga in an afternoon. Starting in an impossible situation with their backs against the wall your brave, your cunning adventurers will claw their way to victory using just their wits, courage and willingness to spit into the winds of Fate. There’ll be epic battles, struggles for survival, political wranglings, ancient magicks, evil villains, monsters and madness. I can’t reveal any more details of the scenario without giving away the plot. You’ll just have to trust me. I’ve run this adventure before and it’s EPIC.

It’s set on Aertha, your fairly typical Swords and Sorcery world with all the usual races, roles and tropes. What’s different is it uses my new fantasy rules, The Code of Warriors and Wizardry. If you’ve played in my Code games before, you’ll have some inkling of what it’s all about. Easy but breathtakingly broad character creation. You can make literally whatever you want – even a whole new Race of creatures for the world. Fast and cinematic conflicts. Only 2d6 but truly magical things happen when you roll a double.

BUT, even I wasn’t fully prepared for how the wide range of player options in the game transform the fantasy experience. Dungeons and Dragons this ain’t. It depends on the players but, usually, there’s a tendency towards the grand and the gonzo – as much Monty Python and the Holy Grail as Game of Thrones.

A sprawling fantasy saga in an afternoon.

System: The Code of the Warriors and Wizardry – an easy to learn system based on 2d6 with magic happening every time you roll a double.

Tags: Swords, Sorcery, high adventure, epic fantasy.

Notes: Suitable for beginners and experts alike.

Players: 2-6

Players: 2-6
"People don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing."

Been around since original D&D
Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.

I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
simonpaulburley has received thanks from the following for this post:
James Mullen
simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction
Playing: The odd game at Conventions
Running: "Code" books - Comics, SciFi, SteamPunk, Anime.The Black Hack.
Planning: Manifold multi-genre RPG. More Code Books - Fantasyand Horror next

Postby Darran » 2:06pm on 16 Oct 17

Here are my games for Spaghetti ConJunction 1b.

Headless in Rapid City
Cortex Prime
Morning Slot
For up to 7 players. New player friendly.

A Mash-up game with the characters from Supernatural/Grimm/Sleepy Hollow TV shows.
The Rapid City Journal, South Dakota's finest newspaper in the Black Hills area, seems to be running several news stories about supernatural occurrences. Escaped tigers attacking people, biker gangs decapitating each other, lightning strikes across the city, strange graffiti that looks like occult glyphs, historic swords stolen from museum, and to top it all the smell of sulphur is prevalent throughout the city.
Coincidences or the signs of a greater supernatural event to bring doom upon us all?
Tags: Supernatural/Grimm/Sleepy Hollow TV shows, Urban Horror, Character Driven, Gang and Horror Elements.

BigTrax and Magic Tricks
Tales from the Loop RPG
Saturday Afternoon Slot
For up to five players. New players welcome!

This news is even better than getting a brand new Sony Walkman, one of your childhood toys is actually based on a real British tank. A proper full sized Bigtrak on display at the County Show with more tanks, old steam engines, magnetrine ships, market stalls, and even a magic show. What could go wrong?
Tags: Player-led, Sci-Fi (Alt-History), Nostalgia Play, No Pre-gens, Rules-lite, Newbie Friendly.
Cheers,
Darran
-----------------------------
'A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part'-http://darransims.livejournal.com/
Playing crappy characters on a whim for +35 years!
Darran has received thanks from the following for this post:
satbunny, simonpaulburley
Darran
Dice Funder
Playing: Nothing
Running: Firefly, Supernatural.
Planning: Wilderness Throne, Tales from the Loop.

Return to Spaghetti ConJunction