[UKRP 2011 Awards] Best artwork in an RPG of 2011

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
Want to talk, specifically, about RPGs? Then post it here. Questions, comments, and views are all welcomed.

[UKRP 2011 Awards] Best artwork in an RPG of 2011

Postby mr toad » 11:19am on 09 Jan 12

Hi there,

There are rumors abound that Jonny Gray is working towards an art project for a not so secret new game. Apprently the artwork is so good that you will never find beauty in this world again....but that's for next years awards we are looking for a winner in 2011.

So is there an RPG that you picked up in 2011 and the artwork was amazing. Maybe that's what sold you on the game? Or you picture the artwork when playing because you want your games to be that cool.

To vote for your winner all you need do is write a short citation as to why you think the artwork you are nominating should win this award.

The judging of the award will be down to the votes you receive from the committee based on the citation you have submitted.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Toad
mr toad
Portsmouth

Re: [UKRP 2011 Awards] Best artwork in an RPG of 2011

Postby Evilgaz » 2:47pm on 09 Jan 12

The One Ring RPG - the art in some cases might not be totally awesome, but it is consistently good, and above all consistent throughout. This is a Big Thing. Many RPGs have an ensemble cast of of artists (I'm looking at you White Wolf) and that can really work to destroy the feel and mood of a game for someone reading through it. A coherent set of artwork really aids a game and add a lot to how it inspires the potential player or ref. TOR has got a very theme-appropriate set of art, reliable throughout and often placed correctly in the text - i.e. with relevance to the words, rather than being a bunch of pictures thrust in at random (I'm looking at your Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition).
Evilgaz has received thanks from the following for this post:
mr toad
Evilgaz
Evil Alien Overlord
Playing: Iron Kingdoms
Running: Savage Worlds, Hot War
Planning: Deadlands, Lot5R

Postby Mick Red » 3:37pm on 09 Jan 12

Airship Pirates........ I almost bought this book on the strength of the artwork, Typical of Cubicle 7 its of a high standard and the cover alone makes you want you grab your cutlass, jump in your zepplin and start sawashing your buckle immediatly....
Mick Red has received thanks from the following for this post:
mr toad
Mick Red
Gibbering Mouther
Playing: Esoterrorists
Running: Into the Odd
Planning: Yoon-Suin

Postby Tim Gray » 5:23pm on 09 Jan 12

Assuming that +1-ing is allowed, I'll also say The One Ring. I'd be happy to have some of the location spreads as posters on my wall, which is a pretty good test.
Tim Gray
Silver Branch Games
publishing Albion (UK Roleplayers Game of the Year 2011!), Jaws of the Six Serpents, Legends Walk, Questers of the Middle Realms and more
http://www.silverbranch.co.uk
Tim Gray has received thanks from the following for this post:
mr toad
Tim Gray
Silver Branch Games
Playing: Spycraft
Running: nowt
Planning: nowt

Postby thenovalord » 6:07pm on 09 Jan 12

another +1 to the one ring

very good landscapes, which is afterall what middle earth is all about!!
thenovalord has received thanks from the following for this post:
mr toad
thenovalord
The Mighty Vest
Playing: Symbaroum, PFS
Running: Ironfang Invasion, Tomb Annihaltion, Starfinder
Planning: Kickstarter stuff

Return to Open RPG Discussion