- [Mongoose Publishing] Paranoia: Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues (Remastered)
- Sandy Petersen Interview
- [Just Crunch Games] Three Faces of the Wendigo
- [Ennead Games] Encounters & Events: SciFi Volume 3 – Planets
- [Grim & Perilous Studios] ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG: Core Book
- [Ennead Games] Equipment Maker 5: Rings
- [DramaScape] Modern Ruins 7
- [Ennead Games] Lifeform Maker
- New Event for Female Gamers
- [D101 Games] Free Adventure: Bite of the Crocodile God
Now with Dragonmeet having a 2 hour lunch and me not having a lot of interest in the trade hall or extended socialising, I was wondering if we could put something together during the lunch break at DM.
I've already been warned that the "major sponsors" will be "all over" that slot with seminars of their own. (And, no, I don't think I'll be interested in any of those. They tend to be a list of what they're intending to publish in the forthcoming year, aren't they?)
What do you think? 1:30-2:30. Possible topics could be:
- Writing an RPG. Why, how and pitfalls to avoid.
- Publishing an RPG. Preparation, printing, promotion, distribution
- What's hot in the Independent RPG world. (Our version of the "big boys" "this is what we're bringing out next year".)
- Undiscovered gems of independent publishing.
Any other suggestions?
Full disclosure: I'm not suggesting this in order to promote my own stuff. I just want something interesting to do during the long lunch break. I'm not even angling to lead the panel or even be on it - though I wouldn't say "no". I reckon we just need 3 or 4 interesting and opinionated independent publishers and an agreed agenda. And I reckon you could all come up with loads of names for me to contact.
Is this a goer do you think?
Been around since original D&D
Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.
I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
- Thanks: 772 given/1487 received
- Playing: The odd game at Conventions
- Running: "Code" books - Comics, SciFi, SteamPunk, Anime.The Black Hack.
- Planning: Manifold multi-genre RPG. More Code Books - Fantasyand Horror next
IIRC they had just the one seminar room in 16; I don't know if they have plans to expand on that this year, but if not I would guess it would be tough to pitch a seminar which would have to be in a specific slot that was already under high demand by the publishers.
I wonder if there is other space available during that time slot? Do you know if anything's happening in the gaming rooms during the lunch break? They would be good for more of a workshop style session.
Another idea as to what could be put on easily would be something like a showcase session. Get a popular but harder to grok system and a GM who really knows their stuff and have them run a part of a game for an hour with an audience who can watch while they eat their lunch. People watch GMs and gaming groups on Twitch these days, this would just be an in person version. I've certainly found watching GMs like Scott and Lloyd or players like the Smart Party quite entertaining.
- Thanks: 365 given/548 received
- Playing: Anything going at Indiemeet
- Planning: Project Y
- Location: Nottingham
- Thanks: 4134 given/4771 received
- Playing: Iron Kingdoms
- Running: Savage Worlds, Hot War
- Planning: Deadlands, Lot5R
My RPG stuff for you to own http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/5880/Grand-Scheme-Publishing
What Would the Smart Party Do? https://smartparty.wordpress.com/
- Location: Essex
- Thanks: 2404 given/3240 received
- Playing: Star Wars
- Running: 5e
- Planning: The next Smart Party podcast
'A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part'-http://darransims.livejournal.com/
Playing crappy characters on a whim for +35 years!
- Location: Derby, UK
- Thanks: 3255 given/1123 received
- Playing: Nothing
- Running: Firefly, Supernatural.
- Planning: Wilderness Throne, Tales from the Loop.
Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Thanks: 3268 given/640 received
- Playing: Symbaroum
- Running: Nowt
- Planning: Dolmenwood and Science Fiction
- Location: Dover
- Thanks: 1478 given/1266 received
- Playing: Esoterrorists
- Running: Into the Odd
- Planning: Yoon-Suin
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest