- The End of an Era
- [Just Crunch Games] The Cthulhu Hack: The Dark Brood
- [DramaScape] Golf Course
- Brett M Bernstein Interview
- Preparing For Dragonmeet
- [Fainting Goat Games] Space Supers #3: Starburst Sentinels [ICONS]
- [D101 Games] Cyber Monday Sale
- [Ennead Games] Quick Generator: Creature Concept 2
- Scott A Woodard Interview
- Ken Rolston at The Kraken
Things to bring for cooking
A sharp knife.
A chopping board.
A good pan: I have a cast-iron skillet, in which I cook everything.
Something to make coffee: I use a cafetiere.
A washing-up brush.
A fish slice/spatula.
A coffee grinder.
A sharpening steel for the knife.
Washing up liquid. (You get a small bottle.)
Dishwasher tablets. (You only get one.)
Rubbish bags. (Although you can use shopping bags.)
Shampoo, soap and so forth.
Some sort of lounge wear, so you can stumble around the house both sleepily and decently.
- Thanks: 24 given/239 received
- Running: Cthulhu Apocalypse
- Planning: Kagematsu, Apocalypse World
A decent sized mug if that's what you're used to drinking your tea/coffee out of - the ones provided are quite small.
A pint glass/mug if you're a beer/lager/cider drinker and don't like drinking from the can/bottle - again the glasses are small and you'll continually be topping them up if you're drinking at the lodge.
The one other thing we found we needed this time was pillows - we're used to big comfy pillows, and I can't really say those in our lodge fitted this description.
- Location: Bristol
- Thanks: 638 given/474 received
- Playing: Depressingly little
- Running: The One Ring - online
- Planning: The House - Structure tabletop freeform Horror game
(And some are very practical. I wished I'd brought my own peeler, rather than hacking away at my carrot.)
Silver Branch Games
publishing Albion (UK Roleplayers Game of the Year 2011!), Jaws of the Six Serpents, Legends Walk, Questers of the Middle Realms and more
- Location: Nottingham, UK
- Thanks: 104 given/233 received
- Playing: Spycraft
- Running: nowt
- Planning: nowt
ijdod wrote:I think the dishwasher tablets actually was a box of three? This may or may not be enough, depending on the mess you make
You can buy packs of three at the reception desk. They were 75p.
- Location: Ipswich
- Thanks: 1595 given/1293 received
- Playing: D&D!!!
- Running: D&D!!!
- Planning: Sorcerer for the Smart Party - the fools!
- Location: West Dorset or West Sussex
- Thanks: 361 given/130 received
- Playing: Nothing now I have a proper job :(
- Running: Nothing now I have a proper job :(
- Planning: Nothing now I have a proper job :(
Makes for a very relaxed con.
Oh, and if I can make space... perhaps a game or two.
- Location: Dorset
- Thanks: 310 given/378 received
- Playing: Ahem (World of Tanks)...and Civ 5...
- Running: Mythos Chronicles 2d20...
- Planning: Global Recovery and a way to organise my RPG collection
What's a dishwasher? I have two sons that do my dishes Is the cooker an oven as well as a hob? Does the fridge have a freezer compartment?
- Thanks: 0 given/8 received
"I think on this one rare occasion the majority of the fault for the confusion probably lies with me." - Omnifray.
- Location: Maidstone - Kent
- Thanks: 2735 given/2773 received
- Playing: Torchwood Victorian, Unisystem Post Apoc, G+ TOR
- Running: Nothing
- Planning: Always SFLRP
Mick Red wrote:Sod the prunes.... Within the first day the venue toilets will smell like someone has summoned Log Soggoth in there
Log Soggoth, I like it! .
- Thanks: 752 given/596 received
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest