Wot I'm running

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A convention for independent RPG publishers.

Wot I'm running

Postby nclarke » 11:30am on 05 Nov 15

Probably Friday afternoon - Blades in the Dark using the latest 4a version Quickstart released last weekend. It's by John Harper so you know it's good. You play a group of Scoundrels trying to make it in a gritty 19th century industrial fantasy city - think Dishonoured or Lies of Locke Lamora.

I've been trying to pull together a sort of OSRish version of Empire of the Petal Throne but may not have it finished in time so probbaly Saturday afternoon if I finish in time.
Nigel
nclarke has received thanks from the following for this post:
jonnygray
nclarke
10th-level

Re: Wot I'm running

Postby jonnygray » 3:06pm on 09 Nov 15

Had a blast playing Blades in the Dark, cheers Nigel!

It's one game that our group has kickstarted, so looking forward to having a game when it gets released!
jonnygray has received thanks from the following for this post:
nclarke
jonnygray
50 Shades...
Playing: The Sprawl
Running: Nowt
Planning: To read through my copy of BitD

Re: Wot I'm running

Postby nclarke » 6:24pm on 09 Nov 15

Three great games this weekend. A game of Blades in the Dark to start on Friday, worked well and the fact that a new version of the Quickstart had come out the previous Sunday didn't faze me at all. Lot's of with the crew beating up people who hadn't paid protection money and then taking down a clockwork dealer in 'special product'. Players liked teh game system and had fun.

Second up was an Old School system that I used for running a game set in the Tekumel of Empire of the Petal Throne. I had six signups and when I got to the table found that the players had (all but one) played in several EPT campaigns in home games. I previously hadn't ever\met someone who had actually played so that was a bonus. Again loads of fun as they hacked their way through Dinner with the Ito.

Third up was the Sunday morning game with the Derby Dogs and Blades in the Dark. Some of the lads had backed the KS so it wasn't as cold as the first game. We had a more arcane oriented crew this time around and they intercepted a courier who used the Ghost Tunnels of Duskwall to smuggle stuff in. There was a bit of a snafu and they had to resort to shooting someone so the heat was on. The second score was following a woman whose husband thought she was cheating on him. Turns out she was being blackmailed about her past and the blackmailer was a friends of one of the player characters. Led to some interesting discussions did that. The Derby lads enjoyed the intro to the game and are looking forward to a longer term game with more character and crew development.

Another great Indiecon, now I have to finish up my games for Dragonmeet and Conception.
Nigel
nclarke has received thanks from the following for this post:
jonnygray, Panzersi, thenovalord
nclarke
10th-level

Return to Indiecon