simonpaulburley wrote:The one that fascinated me most was the idea to run Intrepid Friday night to create a SteamPunk world for a Code of Steam and Steel game on the Sunday.
Thanks, Simon. I thought it went pretty well in the end, although I was sweating a bit on Sunday morning to get the basics of the scenario written. In the usual way of things the players took hold of it and ran off in some completely unexpected directions, so at least I didn't waste my time over-preparing.
Using Intrepid for world building was pretty awesome, and I got enough ideas and background for about five different con games. I think the experiment worked really well, and I can't wait to try it out again when starting a new campaign.
Having never played or run one of your Code games before, playing in the Manifold session on Friday night defintely helped me get a grip on the system. I think it was pretty straightforward for everyone to pick up on the Sunday, although the range of results did throw me off a bit. I apologise to the player of the character with the ineffectual Pocket Mesmeriser, I intended it to be more useful than it was.
Overall, quite hard work both playing in sessions and trying to write a scenario all in two days, but brilliant fun. Thanks to everyone!
- Location: Athens of the North
- Thanks: 14 given/31 received
- Playing: Spirit of the Century
- Running: Code of Steam and Steel - Victorian Mars
- Planning: Code of Shojo and Shonen, Alas For The Awful Sea, GURPS Traveller
Really interesting list!
- Location: The Phoenix Games Club in London
- Thanks: 66 given/88 received
- Playing: Mostly Indie Stuff.
- Running: Legends Walk and Monster of the week.
- Planning: Legends Walk and Urban Shadows
Roll for the Galaxy (lots of this)
King of Tokyo
Lords of Vegas
Ticket to Ride
Ticket to Ride UK
The submarine game that angus had
and probably some I've forgotten
- Thanks: 0 given/51 received
Running 2d20 games before they turned cool
- Thanks: 101 given/134 received
- Playing: Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy
- Running: Conan, Coriolis, Star Wars
- Planning: Star Trek, Starfinder
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest