2015 - My thoughts

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A convention for independent RPG publishers.

2015 - My thoughts

Postby Peanut » 7:28pm on 10 Nov 15

Well, I found it a strange Con this year. We were trying to find the right word on Sunday evening. Muted, I think, is close. How much this was due to the Conception situation and the way Naish just was (the keys issue, running stock down) I don't know. I think a certain group missing might also have contributed. Yes Dutchies, we missed your enthusiasm. There was also the bizarre situation of, it seemed to me, a lack of games Friday then a lack of signups for games on Saturday afternoon. But I might be wrong. But all that said, it was still a very enjoyable Con, meeting old friends, making new friends, playing (and facilitating) some great games and not only being a werewolf but wiping out the village to boot.

One other comment. If you're going to have a stall there then you need to have it manned. I appreciate that stallholders want to join in games but you really need to figure out some sort of rota or run games near your stall. Most stalls do but I couldn't spend my hard earned cash on a copy of the One Ring nor could I further my interest in Intrepid despite checking the respective stalls a good half a dozen times. I don't know the stallholders so couldn't track them down. So I came away with my cash still in my pocket, which is a loss all round sadly.

But kudos all round again and roll on Conception. :D
Peanut
11th-level
Playing: Pathfinder
Running: Nothing, zilch, nada
Planning: Star Wars Edge of the Empire

Re: 2015 - My thoughts

Postby simonpaulburley » 10:22pm on 10 Nov 15

Peanut wrote:One other comment. If you're going to have a stall there then you need to have it manned. I appreciate that stallholders want to join in games but you really need to figure out some sort of rota or run games near your stall. Most stalls do but I couldn't spend my hard earned cash on a copy of the One Ring nor could I further my interest in Intrepid despite checking the respective stalls a good half a dozen times. I don't know the stallholders so couldn't track them down. So I came away with my cash still in my pocket, which is a loss all round sadly.

Sorry! You got ME bang to rights for one. Yes I come to IndieCon primarily to play - well referee - games. The stand was an afterthought. I tried to keep an eye on it from where I was
playing and - more than once - ran over if it saw someone showing an interest. But our plan to have a games table directly in front - a la BtD - didn't work out.

If we ever do anything like this again, I'll try to prepare a note to leave at the table saying which game table(s) we're at and maybe photos and stuff.
"People don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing."

Been around since original D&D
Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.

I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction
Playing: The odd game at Conventions
Running: "Code" books - Comics, SciFi, SteamPunk, Anime.The Black Hack.
Planning: Manifold multi-genre RPG. More Code Books - Fantasyand Horror next

Re: 2015 - My thoughts

Postby Silhouette » 1:36pm on 11 Nov 15

We missed you too :cry: It was very strange not to be there. We'll be back at Conception though :D
Dutch Invader Brenda
Silhouette has received thanks from the following for this post:
Peanut
Silhouette
Dutch Invaders
Playing: Far too little
Running: Not enough
Planning: Dead of Night, Icons, Blood & Water, Things/Stuff

Return to Indiecon