Indiecon 16 dates

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A convention for independent RPG publishers.

Indiecon 16 dates

Postby Dan_Hellsing » 8:55am on 17 Dec 15

Hey do we have any idea of the dates for next years Indiecon yet?
Dan_Hellsing
6th-level
Running: Changeling the lost
Planning: All for One, one dice, space 1889 and leagues of gothic horror

Re: Indiecon 16 dates

Postby SJE » 11:57am on 31 Dec 15

Would be useful to know as 2016 holiday booking starts opening up for me too.

Thx

Steve
"Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise. Arise, Riders of Theoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises. Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"

Exalted Actual Play: Gem City Watch! || Dark Heresy- Silver Dawn/The Castermere Look/The Beiderbeck Investigation || ASOI&F - A Knights Tale || Cold City: BSG || Rogue Trader: Eastern Fringes Trading Co. || Elric: Inception in the Dreaming City || Masks of Nyarlathotep-7e||Super(Mad)men from the Stars||V20: The Red List|| Dracula Dossier @LongCon2016
SJE
17th-level

Postby ncmreynolds » 12:36pm on 31 Dec 15

I've already booked my guesstimate dates, I figure I've got a 50% chance of being right and we can almost always cancel leave.
This space left intentionally blank
ncmreynolds
Dice Funder

Postby GB Steve » 2:56am on 20 Jan 16

We're trying to work out if this clashes with another event. Do you have dates yet?
GB Steve
Dice Funder

Postby Uber_Munchkin » 3:16pm on 26 Jan 16

Same here, need to get this booked pretty soon if I want to guarantee having the days off. Any chance of some dates?
"If you stat it, they will kill it."
--Old GM's Proverb
Uber_Munchkin
4th-level
Playing: D6 Star Wars, Firefly, Shadowrun 5e
Running: Eclipse Phase, Dragon Age, D&D 5e, Shadowrun 5e
Planning: All of the Games

Postby Uber_Munchkin » 9:31am on 15 Feb 16

Ok, according to the website the dates for 2016 are 10-13 Nov.
"If you stat it, they will kill it."
--Old GM's Proverb
Uber_Munchkin
4th-level
Playing: D6 Star Wars, Firefly, Shadowrun 5e
Running: Eclipse Phase, Dragon Age, D&D 5e, Shadowrun 5e
Planning: All of the Games

Postby SJE » 7:16pm on 15 Feb 16

Thanks for the spot Uber-munchkin. That is the weekend right before Consequences so could be exhausting for those who do both cons (though I'm temped to take that whole week off now)
"Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise. Arise, Riders of Theoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises. Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"

Exalted Actual Play: Gem City Watch! || Dark Heresy- Silver Dawn/The Castermere Look/The Beiderbeck Investigation || ASOI&F - A Knights Tale || Cold City: BSG || Rogue Trader: Eastern Fringes Trading Co. || Elric: Inception in the Dreaming City || Masks of Nyarlathotep-7e||Super(Mad)men from the Stars||V20: The Red List|| Dracula Dossier @LongCon2016
SJE has received thanks from the following for this post:
Elina
SJE
17th-level

Postby Elina » 7:18pm on 15 Feb 16

Yes, taking the whole week off and doing Indiecon and then Consequences is the way forward for me.
Elina
Will travel for beer and games!
Elina
10th-level

Postby w00hoo » 11:04am on 16 Feb 16

Kind of a shame you can't rent for the fortnight really. Still, the right people and a shared house somewhere close but above sea level... :-)
"I don't want to remember. But if I don't have the memories, nobody will, so I can't forget." - Samantha.
"I think on this one rare occasion the majority of the fault for the confusion probably lies with me." - Omnifray.
w00hoo has received thanks from the following for this post:
Elina
w00hoo
King of the Scribblers
Playing: Torchwood Victorian, Unisystem Post Apoc, G+ TOR
Running: Nothing
Planning: Always SFLRP

Postby ncmreynolds » 11:08am on 16 Feb 16

w00hoo wrote:Kind of a shame you can't rent for the fortnight really. Still, the right people and a shared house somewhere close but above sea level... :-)

With a change of management, there might be a change in policy. Might be worth asking.
This space left intentionally blank
ncmreynolds
Dice Funder

Postby w00hoo » 1:32pm on 16 Feb 16

Could be tough with three renters, IndieCon charge their tariff, Consequences charge another, and Hoburne will have a third one. You'd be looking Thurs - Mon then Tues - Wed, then Thurs - Mon again, although I think organisers of the Naish Con's regularly do an extra night for their own sanity so it might be feasible, just complicated. Complicated does tend to put management off, although we have some fairly adept hagglers here I guess.
"I don't want to remember. But if I don't have the memories, nobody will, so I can't forget." - Samantha.
"I think on this one rare occasion the majority of the fault for the confusion probably lies with me." - Omnifray.
w00hoo
King of the Scribblers
Playing: Torchwood Victorian, Unisystem Post Apoc, G+ TOR
Running: Nothing
Planning: Always SFLRP

Postby Dan_Hellsing » 4:14pm on 18 Feb 16

I have seen we have dates are these confirmed? 10th to 13th Nov, also how soon before we get process? Cheers guys
Dan_Hellsing has received thanks from the following for this post:
wraithben
Dan_Hellsing
6th-level
Running: Changeling the lost
Planning: All for One, one dice, space 1889 and leagues of gothic horror

Postby Leonidas300 » 10:06am on 24 Feb 16

Dear all, the dates we have been discussing with Naish are indeed the 10th-13th.

Our concern however is the hike in costings since the new ownership of the park.

Here is what we would have to charge for the 10th Edition of Indiecon:

4 Bed EBird: £500 / Standard: £520 / On site: £550
3 Bed EBird: £440 / Standard: £470 / On site: £500
2 Bed EBird: £390 / Standard: £410 / On site: £440

We have argued the case repeatedly over the last 6 weeks on the increase and the impact it may have on numbers. They have not budged one iota.

Please let us know if this is viable.

Chris
Creator of Cursed Empire FRPG
Leonidas300
12th-level

Postby James Mullen » 10:17am on 24 Feb 16

OK...

I've been wondering whether I could afford to go to Indiecon anyway this year, but if the price has been hiked up so that it's going cost me around 30% more to attend... uh, that's not a good sign.
Blood & Water is available now on DriveThru: "An awesome, awesome game of mundane nonsense" - Neil Gow

Keep up with new nano-games and other games in development at the Groundhoggoth blog.
James Mullen
15th-level

Postby SJE » 12:26pm on 24 Feb 16

Do those prices include the IndieCon ticket prices or are they Lodge only costs?

£137.50 per bedroom for 4 nights is still fairly reasonable. Garrison is what, £60 per night now, and Expo hotels are closer to £88 per night for the cheapest room.

I think the sticker prices shock is a lot, but it's still affordable for half a week of gaming.
Last edited by SJE on 11:33pm on 26 Feb 16, edited 1 time in total.

SJE has received thanks from the following for this post:
simonpaulburley
SJE
17th-level

Next

Return to Indiecon