- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller – Great Rift Adventure 2: Deepnight Endeavour
- [DramaScape] Modern Zombies
- [DramaScape] SciFi Police Station
- Dark Times Issue 2 Now Available
- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller – Great Rift Adventure 1: Islands in the Rift
- [Chronicle City] Frankenstein Faktoria Role Playing Game
- [Reroll Productions] Age of Anarchy
- [DramaScape] SciFi Rocketship
- D101 Games Winter Sale
- [Traveller] Eve of Rebellion
Sunday afternoon at Consternation (c.14:00-16:30) will feature this "LARP/strategy game" that simulates conflict and co-operation between city states in classical Greece. Each team of 2-3 people represents a different city state. Each city has its own advantages and disadvantages, which it will need to use to its advantage to win the game. In order to get teams as well set up and ready to go as possible, we're announcing it this far in advance, and letting people book places.
The game typically involves 4-5 rounds of roughly half an hour each. Each round, cities receive commodities which they can trade with other teams or barbarians, or use to improve their settlements or military strength, or to build up colonies. They can also form alliances with other teams or launch attacks on them. But beware - the Persian Empire threatens all Greeks, and you will also have to deal with whatever the capricious Greek gods hurl at you. Who will triumph and earn the title of Consternation champions of the civilised world? Who will be left in the dust of history?
You are likely to enjoy this game if you enjoy games like Settlers of Catan, Parthenon, Mare Nostrum, Perikles, and Heroes of Olympus. Go Tell the Spartans was developed by Chris Potter, who will be games master for the session at Consternation. If you want to sign up, either as a team or individually, drop Chris an e-mail at Spartans@consternation.org .
- Location: UK
- Thanks: 1 given/86 received
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest