Game Announcement and Pre-Booking: Secrets of Sedgwick House

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
Consternation is a roleplaying, science fiction and fantasy convention to be held at New Hall, Cambridge from 19-21 August 2011.

Game Announcement and Pre-Booking: Secrets of Sedgwick House

Postby Phil Masters » 1:21pm on 14 Jul 11

The Cambridge chapter of the Isles of Darkness (http://cambridge.islesofdarkness.com) will be running a LARP on the Saturday evening at Consternation, and are now taking sign-ups:

SECRETS OF SEDGWICK HOUSE

OBITUARIES

Professor Baron Douglas Weir of Grafham FSA. August 1st, 1921 to August 2nd, 2011. At his home near Cambridge, after a long illness. Donations in lieu of flowers to the Mandeville foundation.

WEIR COLLECTION TO BE BROKEN UP

Lawyers for the estate of the late Professor Lord Weir have announced that the famed Weir collection of historical and anthropological artefacts is to be broken up. There is no word yet on the distribution of the collection other than that Weir named a number of beneficiaries in his will and that the collection will be divided amongst them.

AN INVITATION

In accordance with the last wishes of Professor Douglas Weir, you are invited to the final display of the Weir collection and reading of the will.

Saturday August 20th 2011 at Sedgwick House.

- - - - -

The will of Professor Douglas Weir will dispose not only of his vast collection of historical artefacts but of his not-insubstantial personal fortune. There's nothing too odd about that; what's odd is the strange group of people chosen to attend. Some are family, others colleagues, still others rivals and even total strangers. What shared secret draws them all to Sedgwick House on a summer night? And what of the rumours of strange occurrences at the old mansion?

- - - - -

Secrets of Sedgwick House is a live-action roleplaying game using the Mind's Eye Theatre system. No prior knowledge of the system or setting is required to play.

Please contact the organisers by e-mailing WoD@consternation.org if you're interested in playing in this game.
Phil Masters
Author of The Discworld Roleplaying Game (Now available as a PDF!).
Creator of The Small Folk - Wainscot Urban Fantasy Rolplaying, powered by FATE; available on Warehouse 23 and on Drive Thru RPG.
Transhuman Space Line Editor.
My Home Page, My Blog, and My Stuff on Warehouse 23.
Phil Masters
8th-level

Re: Game Announcement and Pre-Booking: Secrets of Sedgwick H

Postby Phil Masters » 2:45pm on 14 Jul 11

Bother. Sorry for the instant back-pedal, but it turns out that the e-mail address I gave in the announcement above is
routing to me instead of to the correct people. I'll try and get this fixed soon, and I'll forward things for the time being, but it might be easier if people held off sending to it for the time being.

Apologetically,
Phil Masters
Creator of The Small Folk - Wainscot Urban Fantasy Rolplaying, powered by FATE; available on Warehouse 23 and on Drive Thru RPG.
Phil Masters
8th-level

Postby Phil Masters » 10:52am on 15 Jul 11

Okay, WoD@consternation.org should be working okay now - anyone who's interested in the game can e-mail organisers there.
Phil Masters
Phil Masters
8th-level

Postby James Holloway » 9:27am on 25 Jul 11

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your patience -- I'm now on the board and happy to talk about the game if people are interested. If you'd like to play, drop us a line at the email above and we'll put you down for a character. Otherwise, there will be plenty of characters available on the day.

I don't actually have anything all that exciting to say at the moment, but I thought I'd just point out that I'm here and paying attention.

Thanks,

--
James Holloway
James Holloway
1st-level

Postby James Holloway » 12:48pm on 17 Aug 11

Just another reminder that if you're interested in playing, an email or message would be really helpful.
James Holloway
1st-level

Return to Consternation