Game for next week?

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A forum for use by the gamers at the iWARPUK club.

Moderators: Alex, John_B

Game for next week?

Postby MarkC » 3:32pm on 18 Jul 14

So while the worlds largest dungeon campaign is coming to an end there were some suggestions yesterday of running a separate game with those of us who've missed most of WLD. Are there any volunteers for GMing and what game would be run?

With regards to players, I know of at least one other person who's interested in coming to the club, but wasn't interested in joining the tail end of WLD.
MarkC
3rd-level

Re: Game for next week?

Postby Mal » 10:14pm on 18 Jul 14

I'm happy to run a game in the Warhammer setting. I've created a modified version of 3rd ed D&D rules (more flexibility in character creation and simplified combat to speed up monster/PC slaying) that I'd like to use rather than the Warhammer rules.

Alternatively I could run Dragonlance or Dark Sun but probably not next week as it has been a while since I've gamed in those settings and would need to read up on lots of the background.

If anyone is interested let me know so I have an idea of how many character sheets to bring along.
Mal
3rd-level

Postby MikeG » 10:14am on 19 Jul 14

Hi all, I should be able to get there next week so gm's know for numbers.

Mark your western sounded good but I'm happy playing anything. Always wanted to give Dark sun a try longer term.

Cheers
Mike
MikeG
1st-level

Postby MarkC » 12:06am on 20 Jul 14

The western is just a short one shot game, my friend Chris who's interested in coming to the club has already played through it once, though I could always rework it to a different scenario easily enough. Perhaps I could run that next week to give us all more time to decide on a longer term game and the person who GM's it chance to put something together. Personally I'm not looking to GM a long term game myself just at the moment, though I'm happy to do a quick one shot or two.

With the other suggestions Dark Sun is a setting I've wanted to try for a while and probably gets my 'preferred' vote. I've read through the Dragon Lance books (many years ago) so not sure if playing a campaign based on the books would be appealing, though if it just used the setting and wasn't based on the books then I'd certainly be up for that. I don't mind the Warhammer setting and homebrew rules sound fun, but Dark Sun and Dragon Lance have more appeal to me as settings.
MarkC
3rd-level

Postby Mal » 7:04am on 20 Jul 14

I've never played in a Western RPG, the offer is great and really happy to give it a go. It makes sense to figure out the longer term plan at the club so we can all talk through the ideas and numbers etc
Mal
3rd-level

Postby Allan_B » 2:08pm on 23 Jul 14

If need be i can drop out of WLD for one week and run a Dragon Age scenario (provide from free rpg day 2013) that comes with pre-gen characters and will take the one night.

Or

Your offer of the western game mark does sound interesting and if you need the numbers i can again drop out of WLD. From reading the below comments including your freind you should have a minimum 3 people.

Mal that does seem like a good idea to get people together to discuss the longer term ideas as we have enough people for two tables. We can talk about this at the end of the night.
Allan_B
Dice Funder
Playing: Anything that is on offer
Running: Dragon Age and 5th edition
Planning: Dragon Age and 5th edition

Postby MarkC » 1:36pm on 24 Jul 14

A dragon age scenario sounds interesting, I'm quite curious about what rule system it uses and I quite liked the computer game to. I would however definitely like to go ahead with the western game this week if everyones willing as its a system I've developed myself and I'm keen to see how other people take to it and get their opinions. Also it should be a fun little game I hope :)

I only have the 3 characters prepped for the western game, but I could probably stat up a 4th if you are keen and if one of the other players can't make it then I'd certainly appreciate you coming in as the third character Allan.
MarkC
3rd-level

Postby Allan_B » 6:15pm on 24 Jul 14

Not a problem Mark.
Allan_B
Dice Funder
Playing: Anything that is on offer
Running: Dragon Age and 5th edition
Planning: Dragon Age and 5th edition

Postby Mal » 7:32am on 25 Jul 14

That was a fun game Mark, thanks for running it.
Mal
3rd-level

Postby MarkC » 4:28pm on 26 Jul 14

I'm glad you liked it, and thanks for playing. I'll fill you all in on what the last 5-10 minutes conclusion would of been next time we all meet.

If any of you have any feedback on the system we used then I'd appreciate that. Mostly looking for criticisms or bits that you found difficult.
MarkC
3rd-level

Postby Paul H » 6:42am on 28 Jul 14

Hi

Happy to play Darksun

Thanks
Paul H
Paul H
7th-level
Playing: WLD, Mystara, Pathfinder Society
Running: PFS Online