hello

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A forum for use by the gamers at the iWARPUK club.

Moderators: Alex, John_B

hello

Postby Doktor Matas » 11:57am on 06 Jan 15

Hi
i came along a few times a couple of years back but had to drop out due to work commitments. I'm interested in returning if that's ok?
Are you back from the holiday break yet?
Also;
I have just been given a very large amount of Warhammer 40K marines, tanks, books etc. I am happy to either donate them to the club or give them away to any members that would use them.
Please let me know if anyone is interested - there is a lot of stuff.
Doktor Matas
1st-level

Re: hello

Postby MarkC » 6:50pm on 06 Jan 15

The club should be starting back up this Thursday I think, unless it started last week in which case I've missed one myself. I'm not entirely sure on what games are going on and who's running what but I'm sure there'll be something.
MarkC
3rd-level

Postby Allan_B » 11:45am on 07 Jan 15

Hi their,

The club is back on this Thursday 8th January.

As far as I am aware we just have one table of daring tales bein run which is full up and need someone to step up and run a second table of something.
Allan_B
Dice Funder
Playing: Anything that is on offer
Running: Dragon Age and 5th edition
Planning: Dragon Age and 5th edition

Postby MarkC » 12:28pm on 07 Jan 15

I think Rick might still be running his game, can't actually remember now. Either way I'll be bringing one or two back up 'one shot' games just in case.
MarkC
3rd-level

Postby Zesdead » 3:05pm on 07 Jan 15

Hello,
Relatively new to the area (okay, a couple of years) and looking for some regular RP (play quite a bit of Pathfinder by PbP and am missing having a tabletop game)... Was thinking about showing my face this week or next? Do you have any games running that I could dip into?
Thanks,
Tristan
Zesdead
1st-level
Playing: Pathfinder

Postby Allan_B » 4:43pm on 07 Jan 15

We will always find a spot for people when they come. So come on down.
Allan_B
Dice Funder
Playing: Anything that is on offer
Running: Dragon Age and 5th edition
Planning: Dragon Age and 5th edition

Postby MarkC » 12:49pm on 09 Jan 15

I was sorry you two didn't make it yesterday Dok and Tristan. I hope the unexpected change in our usual room didn't cause you any problems with finding us. I started a short game last night that should take us another week or two to complete and is easy to drop in to. There's two spots left if your still interested in coming.
MarkC has received thanks from the following for this post:
Allan_B
MarkC
3rd-level

Postby crickleymal » 10:10pm on 06 Mar 15

Hi there

I dropped in to the Gala club a couple of weeks ago to introduce myself but unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control (blown up motorbike engine and lateshifts at work) won't be able to make it for another fortnight. Can I just drop in or do I need to prepare a character? I don't have any up to date rule books though.

Paul Harries did give me his email address but it was incorrect and all the variations on yahoo.uk, .co.uk and ,com all generate a message failed to be delivered response. So I'm unable to get in touch with him.
crickleymal
1st-level

Postby MarkC » 1:19pm on 08 Mar 15

At the moment there tends to be enough players for two games to be going on regularly at the club at any one time. Usually we tend to switch to a new game once a month or so, with long running campaigns getting staggered in-between breaks for other games. You generally don't need to worry about the rule books for most games, a lot of systems are relatively easy to pick up and people at the club are pretty good at explaining things to new players. Often there will also be online downloads for some rule systems, for example 5th edition D&D has a basics rules intro guide.

I think for the most part 'drop in' tends to work, though it varies depending on the GM and the game been ran. I think most people GMing tend to have preprepared back up characters or other alternatives to make it easier. Currently the D&D 5th ed group are doing the intro module for the new edition, so I think they've got lots of premade characters, though that groups now getting quite big so not sure how it'll work out number wise, they usually figure it out (wing it). The other group is currently playing a homebrew d20/D&Dish system set in the Warhammer world. I think the GM for that one may have some premade character templates for it as well, which should let you design a character on-the-fly fairly quickly and get started with minimal fuss.

I'd certainly recommend coming down any time, but keep an eye on the forum as chances are there will be a thread go up in a week or so with a subject like 'April games' and there'll be discussion there about who's running what and who's playing in it etc. That way you should be able to get in to a game from the beginning, which is always nice.
MarkC
3rd-level

Postby Mal » 8:18pm on 09 Mar 15

I'm running the Warhammer game this month and definitely have some pre gen characters ready so could easily accommodate another player. Creating a new character doesn't take long so if you are familiar with Warhammer or have a character concept you'd like to play that will fit (human only campaign with characters just starting out on their path of awesomeness) we can easily get that sorted out at the start of the evening. I'll be there around 7.30.

My only request if you'd like to join in is to come up with an idea to explain why your character has a massive grudge against a certain noble that they need help to get revenge on, that way the character will fit right in :)
Mal
3rd-level

Return to iWARPUK