FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A forum for use by the gamers at the iWARPUK club.

Moderators: Alex, John_B

Postby Anomandaris » 7:46pm on 25 Nov 15

Hey guys how's it going? I'm John from Cheltenham, been looking for a local game group to join and came across you guys! My main interest is in D&D 3.5, especially Forgotten Realms setting, which I have played for many years though admittedly not for some time, still have a load of books and resources which would be great fun to dig through again and roll up a char.

Does anyone still play 3.5 at all? Apart from that WHRP does look interesting but I have never played and not sure if there'd be any tolerance for a total newb! Would be great to come down one day and see what you guys are up to anyway :)

Thanks!
Anomandaris
2nd-level

Re: Newbie

Postby Mal » 8:17am on 26 Nov 15

The WFRP is an amalgam of different rules I like including many that will be familiar to anyone who has played 3.5, character creation doesn't take very long. The campaign is all human and their society is medieval, the setting is relatively low magic. If you'd like to play tonight just let me know. I can get to the club around 7 so that we can get your character created and talk you through the game & the rules (that last bit won't take long).
Mal
3rd-level

Postby Anomandaris » 2:51pm on 27 Nov 15

Hi Mal, sorry didn't see your reply in time! Sounds like an ideal first foray into the system, would be keen to have a look at what kind of characters are available, I'll do some digging around the webs and see what I can find. Are you on any IM systems? Would be good to chat about the setting and where I could fit in :)

I take it there's no 3.5 campaigns going at the moment, is this a format that's still played at all or likely to be in future?

Next Thursday is my xmas party at work unfortunately but the 10th looks good to come along and have a go if that works?

Cheers!
Anomandaris
2nd-level

Postby Mal » 7:26pm on 28 Nov 15

Lets have a chat in person, December is one off games each week with a board game with nibbles on the 17th before we all get into holiday mode.

We tend to rotate GMs each month so Warhammer will be running again Feb/Mar/Apr dependent on what else is offered and how soon my players want to get revenge on the Baron that has wronged them all.

No one has run a 3.5 campaign but pathfinder seems like a natural evolution from that rule set to me. There is a pathfinder running (again which month is yet to be decided) and we are reaching the point that we'll probably need 3 GMs a month for the number of players so if you want to run a game every so often you could bring 3.5 to the club.
Mal
3rd-level

Postby Paul H » 5:58pm on 29 Nov 15

Hi

I can run some 3.5 or Pathfinder in new year, when it's not Jason's Iron Kingdoms campaign

Thanks
Paul H
Paul H
7th-level
Playing: WLD, Mystara, Pathfinder Society
Running: PFS Online
Planning: Running/Playing PFS games online

Postby Anomandaris » 8:32pm on 01 Dec 15

Sounds good! It's been a while since I've played anything if I'm honest so I think GMing might be a bit much at this point. I will be along on 10th, will be nice to meet you all :)
Anomandaris
2nd-level

Postby Anomandaris » 12:45pm on 13 Dec 15

Hi all, just wanted to say thanks for the games on Thurs was good fun :) the Strange rpg certainly lived up to the name! I will look forward to the xmas board games on Thursday coming. J
Anomandaris
2nd-level

Return to iWARPUK