December and January

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
A forum for use by the gamers at the iWARPUK club.

Moderators: Alex, John_B

December and January

Postby Alex » 9:32am on 08 Dec 15

We have one more 'normal' week (10th) and then we are onto the Christmas party (board games and nibbles), we will not be meeting on the 24th or on the 31st but we will then be back on the 7th of January.

Several of us are away to Conception the 28th of January but the Club will still meet and after that it is business as usual.

5th Edition.
GM:
Alex
Players:
John

Pathfinder.
GM:
Martin
Players:
Becca
Andy
Alex
iWARPUK

Re: December and January

Postby Paul H » 2:28am on 30 Dec 15

Hi

Take it we're still meeting in January before Conception as usual?

Thanks
Paul H
Paul H
7th-level
Playing: WLD, Mystara, Pathfinder Society
Running: PFS Online
Planning: Running/Playing PFS games online

Postby mad_mac_hl » 4:30pm on 30 Dec 15

So what games are being run in January?

I know Andy would have been up for Alpha Omega on table 2 but considering current player numbers, his game won't take any more players (the joy of complex rulesets!).

Alternatives are I can run my Pathfinder game but group size is already at 6 players so I'd be reluctant to take on more (could do 7 as a short term measure but its not really sustainable in my view as it waters down the game and bogs down combat).

Or setting up a third table which, with another new member towards the end of February is worth some serious consideration. Funnily enough, the club has averaged a new member every 2-3 months over the past year - that's pretty good going! But I'd suggest more discussion is needed on accommodating people within existing games or kicking off new games as needed. Especially given the number of players who attend on a more irregular basis and could probably fill a table on their own!

Any thoughts?
mad_mac_hl
2nd-level
Playing: WFRP, Alpha Omega
Running: Pathfinder

Postby Tim » 1:24am on 31 Dec 15

Hmm I'd say a 3rd table is needed regardless of the ruleset used, given how many people we now have. Whichever game is continued on the second table is probably going to have to give up a player or two to join the 3rd table as well, as it wouldn't be fair to just push the newest members off into a game on their own.
Tim
2nd-level

Postby Alex » 6:18pm on 31 Dec 15

I'm planning to continue the 5th edition campaign in January, if people could post what they plan to run or play in this thread then I will update the first post so that we can see if we need to arrange anything extra.
Alex
iWARPUK

Postby mad_mac_hl » 11:48am on 01 Jan 16

Ok, put me down for running my Pathfinder game in January. Continuation of the current campaign.
mad_mac_hl
2nd-level
Playing: WFRP, Alpha Omega
Running: Pathfinder

Postby cedrada » 12:31am on 03 Jan 16

Sign me up for Mac's Pathfinder! :)
Can Naomi resist the charms of Suki Bishop and uncover the secret of the crumpled sausage before it's too late, or will her demise become yet another Sleepford legend?

- http://www.plot-generator.org.uk/
cedrada
2nd-level
Playing: WFRP, Pathfinder.
Running: Fate:Supers
Planning: Fate:Supers

Postby SMAndy » 8:22pm on 03 Jan 16

For January, I'll be in Pathfinder.

I do currently have an Alpha Omega game running, and I would like to continue it - but as was said, it really cannot handle more players - for that reason, I won't put it up for January, as we need to figure out what's going on wrt an extra table or not, before I would be confident to continue running that.

I definitely think a third table is a good idea. The two current tables have seemed a bit packed on more than one occasion, though that's just my opinion.
SMAndy
2nd-level
Playing: WFRP, Pathfinder, Supers
Running: Alpha Omega, Fallout

Postby Anomandaris » 7:55pm on 04 Jan 16

Hey all, Alex has kindly offered me a place at the DnD 5e table so that's where I'll be :)
Anomandaris
3rd-level

Postby Wreckferret » 8:10pm on 07 Jan 16

I'll be playing Alex's 5th Ed.... but not tonight. :(

Am still unpacking to find my character sheet- so I'll be along next week instead.

Hope everyone had a good NYE & Xmas, whatever you were up to.
Wreckferret
Dice Funder
Playing: DragonAge, Savage Worlds Daring Tales of Adventure
Running: Hellfrost (Savage Worlds)
Planning: A second part of some D&D 4e.

Return to iWARPUK