1. The name of the organisation shall be "Innsworth Wargames and Role Play Club" hereinafter referred to as the "Club".
Aims and Activities
2. To promote in every way possible wargaming, role playing, and associated interests.
3. Membership is open to all who are interested in the aims of the Club, as described in Section 2. Membership of the Club shall place upon the said member a requirement to pay all subscription fees and a responsibility to conduct themselves in accordance with the rules and constitution of the Club.
4. There shall be a weekly subscription fee, currently amounting to £3, which shall be due prior the first session of each month. New members of the club shall receive a month's free membership before having to pay subscriptions. These fees shall be reviewed by the members attending the Annual General Meeting or an Extra-ordinary General Meeting, but shall always be enough to cover the cost of hiring the Club's venue.
Conduct of Members
5. Any member whose conduct appears likely, in the opinion of the Committee, to disrupt the functioning of the Club or to jeopardise its reputation shall be liable to have their membership terminated or suspended. Such conduct is defined as including illegal action, grossly offensive behaviour or expressions towards members of the public present as guests of the Club or its members, or other actions or expressions which appear to the Committee to be discreditable to the Club as a whole. The Committee shall have the power to terminate or suspend the membership of any member on the above grounds. Such a decision must have a two-thirds majority of the full Committee. Any member so suspended shall be barred from attending meetings or activities for a period determined by the full Committee. A member whose membership has been terminated or suspended has the right, if they choose it, to state their case before the Committee either in person or in writing and to have the case and the Committee's decision published and distributed at the Club.
6. The government of the Club and the management of it's affairs and concerns shall be entrusted to a Committee subject to the rules of the Club. The Committee shall comprise of three elected members of the Club, the Chairperson, the Treasurer, and the Secretary. All Committee members shall retire annually, but shall be eligible for re-election. If a vacancy occurs in the Committee during the year, it may be filled by co-option. The member who received the most votes at the Annual General Meeting but failed to get elected to the Committee shall be the first member invited to be co-opted onto the Committee. Only those club members aged 18 or over may be nominated for election.
a. The Chairperson is responsible for ensuring that the rules of the Club and resolutions of the Committee are carried out, and to promote such measures as shall appear to them advisable for the welfare of the Club, subject to the approval of the Committee.
b. The Treasurer shall receive and disburse the club's monies as directed by the Committee. Other members of the Committee receiving and paying out money on it's behalf shall be accountable to the Treasurer. They shall arrange for the accounts to be inspected by an Auditor and have them available for open inspection at the Annual General Meeting.
c. The Secretary shall conduct the administrative business of the Club, take minutes at Committee meetings, Annual General Meeting, and any Extra-ordinary General Meetings.
7. The Committee shall meet as required during the year. Meetings should be called to approve all, non-regular, expenditure and minuted accordingly.
Annual General Meeting
8. The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held in April of each year to transact the following business:
a. To receive and discuss the annual reports of the retiring Committee.
b. To elect a Committee.
c. To receive and adopt the audited accounts of the Club for the past year.
d. To discuss and vote upon any motions put forward by Club members.
e. To appoint auditors.
9. All members of the club shall be entitled to attend the meeting and vote whilst present. No proxy votes will be allowed. Notice of the date of the AGM must be made known to members by a notice on the Club website, one month before the meeting. Any member of the club is entitled to submit nomination for membership of the committee or motions for discussion. Motions must reach the secretary not less than one week before the fixed date of the meeting, the same condition applies for nominations for election to the Committee of the Club. Nominations for Committee members shall only be valid if duly proposed and seconded. Motions may be amended at the AGM if a two-thirds majority of members present agree.
Extra-ordinary General Meeting
10. The Committee shall have the power to call an Extra-ordinary General Meeting, and shall be bounded to do so within 30 days of receiving notice in writing, signed by not less than 50% of the Club membership. The business to be transacted must appear on the agenda, and no other business discussed.
11. The Secretary shall report to the Annual General Meeting the names of those nominated for membership of the Committee. Votes are taken by a show of hands, with each club member having one vote per Committee position. If more than one member stands for a Committee position, the members gaining the most votes in each position are elected. In the event of a tie a re-ballot is held involving those members that were tied. The new Committee shall take office as soon as the results of the election are known.
Interpretation of the Rules
12. The Committee shall have the power to interpret the rules if there should be any ambiguity or difference of opinion concerning the purpose or intention of any rules. The Committee shall have the power to deal with any matter not provided for in these rules. The Committee shall recommend amendments to the constitution and rules of the club as required.
Dissolution of the Club
13. In the event of such a dissolution the remaining funds of the club shall be donated after the settlement of debts outstanding as directed by the meeting resolving on dissolution, or failing such decision, by the retiring Committee members.
14. A bank account shall be maintained in the name of "Innsworth Wargames and Role Play Club" and the bulk of such monies held by the Club shall be kept in the bank to be used at the Committee's discretion. Money may be drawn from the bank only with the signature of the Chairperson and Treasurer.
15. The constitution and rules of the Club shall be subject to alteration only at the Annual General Meeting or at an Extra-ordinary General Meeting by a two thirds majority of those voting.
(1) The word "member" shall be taken as meaning a member of the Innsworth Wargames and Role Play Club, as set out in Section 3.
- Location: The City of the Imp
- Thanks: 5405 given/2522 received
- Playing: D&D (home), Night's Black Agents (online)
- Running: D&D (home and work)
- Planning: ShaCon scenarios
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest