Concrete Cow 17.5, 16th September 2017

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
Concrete Cow is a twice-yearly gaming day held in Milton Keynes.

Moderators: sedahren, Neil Smith

Re: Concrete Cow 17.5, 16th September 2017

Postby kelmscott_press » 1:38pm on 09 Sep 17

Here's an hour-long party game RPG for the evening slot. Although I'd really love to try Bluebeard's Bride, I don't think I can stay that late, so I'm offering this for anyone who's in the same boat of being able to stay for a bit of the evening slot, but not the whole thing.

Title: Ghost Court
System: Ghost Court, an hour-long party game
Slot: Evening
Players: 5-10
Clerk of the Court: James Torrance

Ghost Court is a game about ghosts and the people who sue them. It's an hour-long party game! It's a live-action RPG! It's a ridiculous legal process! It's written by Jason Morningstar, creator of the classic indie RPG "Fiasco"!

In a small claims court full of plaintiffs and defendants, testy judges, overworked clerks, and peace-keeping bailiffs—all of whom might be living or dead—you will see that spectral justice is done, one absurd case at a time.

Cases last a few minutes and are ridiculous. Will you be an over-the-top landlord, aggrieved at a scheduled haunting gone off the rails? Will you be a sad poltergeist who only wants to make a bad smell? In Ghost Court you might get to be both!
kelmscott_press
5th-level
Playing: All sorts of indie stuff
Running: Apocalypse World
Planning: Follow, The Warren, Sagas of the Icelanders

Postby Neil Smith » 4:57pm on 10 Sep 17

Thanks for the game, James.

I'm also offering another game for the afternoon, inspired by the "funky dice" thread:

Star Wars (FFG): Free Lezam Kigla!

Three years after the Battle of Endor, the Empire is in chaos. The Free Corellian Alliance has declared independence and stands against the remnants of the Empire, many little better than warlords. One such fragment is the human-supremacist Imperial State, led by the self-declared Grand Moff Cunha.

Cunha has kidnapped Lezam Kigla, an outspoken critic of the Imperial State and announced his intent to execute her. The leaders of the Free Corellian Alliance and remaining agents of the Imperial Security Bureau are reluctantly co-operating on a hastily-planned mission to rescue Kigla.

You are that team.

All you have to do is travel to Corfai, persuade Imperial State defector Brovu Gehme to give you some recent codes so you can sneak your ship to Nubia, heart of the Imperial State, break into the jail where Kigla is held, rescue her, and escape. And all that before the tensions between the Free Corellians and the Imperials boil over. What could possibly go wrong?

GM: Neil Smith
Players: 4–6
Milton Keynes RPG club. Tuesday evenings. Come join us!
Concrete Cow 17½: A one-day con on 16 September 2017.
Neil Smith has received thanks from the following for this post:
satbunny
Neil Smith
Concrete Cow
Playing: Monster of the Week, Tenra Bansho Zero
Planning: Freemarket, Blades in the Dark, Earthdawn/Cortex+ hack

Postby PaulBaldowski » 10:01pm on 13 Sep 17

Title: Tainted
System: The Cthulhu Hack
Slot: Morning slot, 10AM - 1.30PM
Players: 4 (max)
GM: Paul Baldowski

Out in the deep woods of North America, a tiny settlement has fought to survive and won. When the travelling investigators arrive, they find proud, tough people and are welcomed with warmth and hospitality. Hard times behind them, why would anyone want to leave?

This is a playtest game for an upcoming supplement and your feedback will help shape the adventure's final form.
Paul B
"The Cthulhu Hack hit my doorstep today and it's bloody good!" - Simon Burley
"If you want at least a little bit of butt-kicking, or if you like tossing dice, The Cthulhu Hack is the clear choice." - Steve Roberts, RPG Geek
Ready to game with an All Rolled Up dice bag
PaulBaldowski
9th-level
Playing: Nothing
Running: Tales From The Loop
Planning: Symbaroum, Cthulhu Hack, Star Trek, Predation, Dragon Quest

Postby sedahren » 4:48pm on 14 Sep 17

Excellent, thanks for the games, all! We now have eleven games in the morning, ten in the afternoon, and three in the evening! Looking forward to seeing you all in two days!
sedahren
Concrete Cow

Postby j0rdi » 7:39am on 16 Sep 17

Then come on down to the Cow today! ;)
j0rdi
ShaCon
Playing: Blades in the Dark, Cthulhu 7,
Running: 1/3 http://shacon.org.uk 2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Planning: Savage Worlds! FAE! Cthulhu! BoL!

Postby PaulBaldowski » 12:29pm on 17 Sep 17

Great event - with thanks to Amy and all those other folks who came, shifted, moved, organised and otherwise assisted in making for a fine old day in Milton Keynes.
Paul B
"The Cthulhu Hack hit my doorstep today and it's bloody good!" - Simon Burley
"If you want at least a little bit of butt-kicking, or if you like tossing dice, The Cthulhu Hack is the clear choice." - Steve Roberts, RPG Geek
Ready to game with an All Rolled Up dice bag
PaulBaldowski has received thanks from the following for this post:
James Mullen, Neil Smith
PaulBaldowski
9th-level
Playing: Nothing
Running: Tales From The Loop
Planning: Symbaroum, Cthulhu Hack, Star Trek, Predation, Dragon Quest

Postby simonpaulburley » 6:42am on 18 Sep 17

If you ran a game at Concrete Cow this year, or offered one which didn't run, you might want to consider bringing it to Spaghetti ConJunction in Birmingham on Saturday 21st October 2017. Post the details here or on our Facebook page:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1649755452002793

We'd love to see you.
"People don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing."

Been around since original D&D
Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.

I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
simonpaulburley has received thanks from the following for this post:
Neil Smith
simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction
Playing: The odd game at Conventions
Running: "Code" books - Comics, SciFi, SteamPunk, Anime.The Black Hack.
Planning: Manifold multi-genre RPG. More Code Books - Fantasyand Horror next

Previous

Return to Concrete Cow