Concrete Cow 18, 17th March 2018

FAQ | Search | Register | Login
View unanswered posts | View active topics | View your posts
Concrete Cow is a twice-yearly gaming day held in Milton Keynes.

Moderators: sedahren, Neil Smith

Concrete Cow 18, 17th March 2018

Postby sedahren » 4:39pm on 10 Dec 17

Milton Keynes Role-Playing Games Club are holding another Concrete Cow on 17 March 2018.

WHO?
We're Milton Keynes RPG Club. Find out more about us at http://www.mk-rpg.org.uk.

WHEN?
Saturday 17 March 2018 Doors open at 9.00am, first games start at 10.00am. We'll finish at 11.00pm.

(Concrete Cow 18½ dates TBA, but first expect first half of September.)

WHAT?
Any roleplaying or board game. You want to play it, bring it along and run it. A full list of games on offer is on the Concrete Cow games page and you can see the list of games offered at Concrete Cow 15½.

If you want to run a game, let us know and we'll put it on the list.

WHO'LL BE THERE?
Traders
Traders are TBC.

Traders will arrive mid-morning, have the stall open during the lunchtime and dinnertime breaks, and leave soon after the evening games start. That should give everyone plenty of time to buy what they want.

If you have something in particular you'd like to buy at Concrete Cow, either contact the trader directly, or contact us and we'll pass the message on.

Make sure you bring plenty of cash to give to the nice people with the shiny gewgaws!

Gamers
More importantly, there's all the fantastic games gamers who'll be there and all the fantastic games you'll bring along. If you let us know what you're planning to run, we'll put it on the Concrete Cow games page.

Please take a look at the games page for details of the signup system. We've tweaked the tombola-based system from last time, to make it friendlier to groups and prevent runs of bad luck for people.

(Note that for child protection reasons, under-16s will need to be accompanied by an adult at Concrete Cow.)

WHERE?
The Old Bath House, Wolverton, in the north-west corner of Milton Keynes. The full address is:

The Old Bath House
205 Stratford Road
Wolverton
Milton Keynes
MK12 5RL

HOW MUCH?
£5.00. The costs will just be to cover the cost of hiring the hall. Under 16s are free, but note that we can't take responsibility for them.

GOOD CAUSES?
We'll be supporting the Alzheimer's Society again with a charity raffle. If you have prizes you'd like to donate, please contact me.

FOOD?
We won't be offering a lunch buffet this time, due to lack of demand.

Again, please let us know about the games you'll be offering. PM me with details.

Hope to see you all there in March!
sedahren has received thanks from the following for this post:
j0rdi, James Mullen, smiorgan
sedahren
Concrete Cow

Re: Concrete Cow 18, 17th March 2018

Postby sedahren » 12:13pm on 20 Jan 18

Eight weeks to go! We'd love to fill up our games page, and I'm sure you have some games you'd like to run! Put them here and we'll add them to the list.
sedahren
Concrete Cow

Postby maddz » 4:35pm on 25 Jan 18

Is anyone going to be doing a bring-and-buy stall? We've been having a huge clear-out of books & games...
maddz
7th-level

Postby sedahren » 1:02am on 27 Jan 18

We've not done a bring and buy before, but if you've got anything you don't want we'll never say no to a raffle contribution ;)
sedahren
Concrete Cow

Postby maddz » 2:42pm on 27 Jan 18

sedahren wrote:We've not done a bring and buy before, but if you've got anything you don't want we'll never say no to a raffle contribution ;)

Well, I don’t think anything is suitable for a raffle prize, as it’s all pre-loved. Not to mention I have a lot* of stuff, the bulk of which is SF&F books. Hence why I was asking about a B&B. Assuming we don’t have family comitments that weekend, I’d be happy to do a slot running the stall.

(*By a lot, I mean that we took a car load to Continuum, sold a quarter, and raised over £600 after Continuum’s cut.)
maddz
7th-level

Postby simonpaulburley » 11:23am on 11 Feb 18

Two game submissions

Game Title: The Wilbur (Series 1 episodes 1&2 "Fools Rush In" and "Where Angels Fear to Tread)

Game system: Manifold

Number of players (min to max): 2-6

Slot(s): Morning

A short descriptive pitch:The Wilbur is set on the titular U.S.S. Wilbur (ECV-196), a mid-level exploratory space vessel in the Planetary Union, a 25th-century interstellar alliance of Earth and many other planets.

You play the Captain and crew of the ship. You're not the finest that the Union has to offer, but there are over 2,000 ships in the fleet and they all need a crew.

Pregens will be available but, ideally, you'll make your own characters using my easy to understand MANIFOLD rules. Human, Alien, Artificial or any combination you want. The Union ain't that fussy, apparently.

Your first mission - a distress signal has been received from the U.S.S. Valiant (EV-27). The ship went missing almost a century ago on a mission to breach the energy barrier at the edge of the Galaxy. Looks like this is your chance to find out what happened to it. But better hurry. The signal is coming from the disputed region and the Krill may already gave dispatched a ship (or several) of their own to investigate.

But what's that knocking sound in the Quantum drive? You thought that last delivery of Dysonium smelt a bit off......

Any other information: Manifold is my own multi-genre rule set. Just 2d6, easy to learn and play. Massive fun with magic happening every time you roll a double.

(Warning: I've also been watching "Discovery")Title: The Genre Bender

Description: Trapped aboard a runaway TARDIS a motley collection of characters have the time of their lives. A Dr Who adventure without The Doctor. 

Play any character from anywhere across the Far Frontiers of Time and Space – just not one from the TV series.

The adventure starts with a motley selection of characters thrown together aboard an out of control Tardis. As “the round things” explode all around you:

IF you can get along

IF you can land the ship one piece 

and

IF you can get the doors open

then outside could be anything, anywhere and anywhen in Time and Space.

Or even, perhaps, nothing, nowhere and nowhen. Because THIS adventure is based upon the classic "second Doctor" story "The Mind Robber". The lines between reality and fantasy, fact and fiction, news and fake news are blurred as a classic villain reappears five decades after they first threatened to unbalance the Space-Time continuum.

GM: Simon Burley

System: Manifold - my new easy to play multi-genre RPG. Easy to play using just 2d6 but with magic happening every time you roll a double.

Notes: Set in the Dr Who universe, you’ll create and play a character of your own design. It only takes a few minutes. They can come from anywhere across all of Time and Space – even a Timelord if you really want (just not one of the ones from the TV series). Players take the offer to create ANY CHARACTER from ANYWHERE across the Far Frontiers of Time and Space as a challenge and let their imaginations run wild. Which is always massive fun. Who will YOU make? (Pregenerated characters are available , if preferred.)

Players: up to 6

Slot: Afternoon
"People don't stop playing because they get old. They get old because they stop playing."

Been around since original D&D
Author of Golden Heroes, Squadron UK, The Comics Code,The Code of the Spacelanes, The Code of Steam and Steel, The Code of Warrirors and Wizardry and The Super Hack.

I attend lots of RPG conventions in the UK. I Attend non-RPG "geek" conventions to promote The Hobby using my "Choose Your Adventure" set up. I blog about both of these things here: https://rpgs4all.blogspot.co.uk .
simonpaulburley has received thanks from the following for this post:
Clanger1968
simonpaulburley
Spaghetti ConJunction
Playing: The odd game at Conventions
Running: "Code" books - Comics, SciFi, SteamPunk, Anime.The Black Hack.
Planning: Manifold multi-genre RPG. More Code Books - Fantasyand Horror next

Postby Clanger1968 » 1:12am on 18 Feb 18

Would like to offer the following . A Morning Slot would be nice but am flexible for an Afternoon Slot if short of games.

Islands in the Stream (Call of Cthulhu 7th Ed,)

GM: Paul Eyles
Players: 6

South Pacific 1925. A National Geographic Team have to make some vital repairs to their yacht after a storm. They land on a small island to effect repairs and take on fresh water. A nice spot to take some pictures and research for the Magazine Article.
Clanger1968 has received thanks from the following for this post:
James Mullen
Clanger1968
Dice Funder
Playing: Earthdawn (1st Ed)
Planning: Acthung Cthulhu!, 5th ed D&D

Return to Concrete Cow