- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller Starter Set
- [DramaScape] Submarine Pen Dock 7
- [Ennead Games] Adventure Outlines Volume 1
- Chasing the Dragon
- [DramaScape] City Hall
- [Fire Ruby Designs] Exilium Kickstarter
- BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules Kickstarter
- [DramaScape] Desert Biosphere
- [Cakebread & Walton] OneDice Universal Revised
- [Cakebread & Walton] The Heydelberg Horror
BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules Kickstarter
Back in the beginning of 2013, Dreamscape Design launched a little retroclone intended to faithfully model the “Holmes” edition of the worlds best-known role-playing game. The BLUEHOLME™ Prentice Rules, like the original Holmes Basic book, only covered character levels 1 through 3.
The stand-alone BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules go much further than that.
- Character levels 1 through 20
- Over 230 spells for clerics and magic-users
- Over 120 creatures, including may sub-types
- Over 250 magic items
- Rules for combining character classes
- Rules for playing any species in the creature chapter
- Rules for adventuring in the Wilderness and in the Realm
- 115 pages in 8.5″ x 11″ format
The Journeymanne Rules are more just than an accurate rendition of “Holmes” edition game-play, they draw from a wide range of sources to more closely model the eclectic and unique approach to the game promoted by Dr J. Eric Holmes himself. In BLUEHOLME™, anything goes – but the dice never lie!
What’s this Kickstarter about?
I’m glad you asked! This Kickstarter campaign has only one goal – to fund excellent quality interior artwork for the Journeymanne Rules. Stretch goals mean more art, until there are no empty spaces left. That’s it – the text has been written, the layout is ready. Once the campaign ends the only thing you’re waiting for is the artists to do their thing.
You can already see the outstanding cover art produced by Jean-Francois Beaulieu in the video – his art was commissioned up front, because I believe a creator should have enough faith in his project to invest in it himself. A bevy (is that a proper collective term?) of artists has been lined up to grace the interior pages from cover to cover. In no particular order (click on their names to see more of their amazing work):
- Russ Nicholson
- Del Teigeler
- Scott Buoncristiano
- Denis McCarthy
- Joseph Garcia
- Guillaume Tavernier
- Chris Holmes
- Bryan Syme
- Todd McGowan
- Luigi Castellani
- Andrew DeFelice
- Bradley K. McDevitt
- James V. West
- Chad Thorson