- [Aurican’s Lair] GATEWAY – The d20 Tabletop Roleplaying Game
- [Astronautilus Productions] Squaddies Adventures
- Tabletop Scotland
- Symbaroum – Monster Codex Kickstarter
- [Crooked Staff Publishing] The Little Book Of Dungeons: Volume VI
- Fria Ligan Interview with Tomas Härenstam
- [Ennead Games] Star and Planet Name Maker
- [DramaScape] Medieval Dining Hall
- [D101 Games] The Hollow West
- NecroMech Available As An App
[D101 Games] Monkey, the RPG of the Journey to the West Kickstarter
D101 Games are kickstarting the 2nd Incarnation of Monkey, The Roleplaying Game of the Journey to the West until February 10th.
Monkey is a Tabletop Roleplaying game based upon the Chinese Classic Novel “The Journey to the West” or “Monkey” as it is commonly known in the West.
This is a story-telling game set in a mythical China, where out of grace Immortals seek redemption by escorting a vulnerable, mortal Monk to distant India. Braving many dangers along the way, to recover scrolls of Buddhist scripture, that are missing from the Chinese canon.The road through the wilderness is dangerous since all of Demon-kind has resolved to stop the pilgrims and the eat the Monk’s flesh!
The game’s simple rules, which use standard playing cards, allow for any sort of action that you can imagine, from fast paced king-fu to heated debates.
The main rule book contains all that you need to play, except two packs of standard playing cards (one for the players and one for the referee) and your imagination.
If you want to learn more about the game and what’s different in this 2nd version, Newt did a series of 23 posts over 23 Days of Monkey over on the game’s blog: