- [DramaScape] Used Car Lot
- Age of Anarchy RPG Kickstarter
- [Ennead Games] Spell Options 3: Lightning Bolt
- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller Referee’s Briefing 5: Incidents and Encounters
- New Year, New ‘cast, New You!
- [D101 Games] Monkey, the RPG of the Journey to the West Kickstarter
- [DramaScape] Hanger 1A
- [Dungeon Masters Guild] Perilous Places: The King’s Mercy
- [Ennead Games] Quick Generator: Crimes & Punishments
- [Ennead Games] Adventure Outline Maker: SciFi Edition
[Ennead Games] Empire Builder: Settlement Overview
Having the settlements name and street details is all well and good, but what about the town itself? What sort of defenses does it have? What is the law like? How many people live there? All these questions and more can make coming up with a settlement a daunting task.
The Settlement Overview is designed not to make a full layout for you, but to give you a framework to start with and give you room to grow and expand your cities and towns as you play in them. After all, what’s the point of making a detailed plan of your city if the party is only going there once?
This covers various aspects of the overview for your settlement
- Size: How big is the city?
- Attitude/Atmosphere: How would you describe the town in one word?
- Architecture: What style are the buildings here?
- Defenses: What physical defenses does the location have?
- Districts and Regions: How is the settlement divided up?
- Law: What is the law like here? Do they favor one group over another?
- Layout: Is the city in a grid like formation or seemingly random?
- Location: Where is this city located?
- Population: What is the main race or species of this place?
- Purpose: Why was the city built?
- Resources: What is the primary import and export of this location?
- Ruler: Who, or what rules this place?
- Threat: What is the #1 problem this city has to deal with?
Also, features 3 appendixes
- Appendix 1 – Buildings: A simple d100 list of some buildings you may find in a settlement
- Appendix 2 – Groups : Used in conjunction with the law aspect to determine who or what the laws applies to.
- Appendix 3 – Example Settlement Overview Creation: Takes you through an example creation of a settlement using this system.