- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller: Pirates of Drinax: Liberty Port
- The Dark Times ‘zine Now Available
- The Mug and Meeple
- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller: Pirates of Drinax: The Cordan Conflict
- [Mongoose Publishing] Paranoia: New Expansion Decks – Mutants & [REDACTED]
- [Ennead Games] Dungeon Feature Volume 6: Fountains
- [Burning Games] Dragons Conquer America: The Coatli Stone Quickstart
- [DramaScape] Mayan Temple
- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller: Pirates of Drinax: Friends in Dry Places
- Human 2.0: Tabletop Roleplaying in a Biopunk Dystopia
[Ennead Games] Spell Options 7: Blade Barrier
For many a seasoned adventurer and explorer, magic can become, whilst still a useful tool, boring. You know what a certain spell is effective for, or how potent you need to be to use the spell found on a scroll.
The Spell Options series is a way of tweaking existing spells without using feats. You can change the colour, make the spell weaker and thus easier to cast or make them more powerful but unstable.
This volume focuses on Blade Barrier, a mid- range spell that can harm any who try to pass through it.
Inside you’ll find:-
- Basic and simple core rules or tweaking spells
- Optional rules for when you want to use this system, but feel it is a bit overpowered
The Spell Options system tweaks your spells, but at a cost in spell levels. Assuming you know the spell in the first place you can then customise it in one of three ways: Cosmetic, Beneficial, and Penalties.
- Cosmetic Changes change the way a spell looks. These options do not cost SL(spell levels).
- Benefits increase the potency of the spell in some way but make it harder to cast.
- Penalties reduce the potency of the spell in some way but make it easier or less draining to cast.
These can be combined in various ways to turn an “ordinary” spell into something that makes your opponent go “Wait..just what spell is it they are casting?”
Example options include…
- Cosmetic – Blade type : Changes what blade type the barrier is made from
- Benefit – Bleed : Those who pass through suffer minor bleeding damage
- Penalty – Tiny Gaps : Tiny creatures can pass through unharmed