- [DramaScape] Secret Bio Lab
- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller Element Cruiser Box Set Kickstarter
- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller – Marches Adventure 2: Mission to Mithril
- [DramaScape] US M4 Sherman and German Tiger I WWII Tanks
- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller – Great Rift Adventure 3: Flatlined
- [DramaScape] SciFi Research Station
- [Mongoose Publishing] Traveller – Great Rift Adventure 2: Deepnight Endeavour
- [DramaScape] Modern Zombies
- [DramaScape] SciFi Police Station
- Dark Times Issue 2 Now Available
[Obscure Tides] Fate of the Remnants
Obscure Tides are currently producing Fate of the Remnants, a tabletop roleplaying game based on Fate Core from Evil Hat Productions. After a long wait they’re now excited to have regrouped and rebooted at Patreon to deliver their dark and gritty post-cataclysmic game to you, hopefully, their patron-to-be.
What is Fate of the Remnants?
Fate of the Remnants is a dark medieval, post-cataclysmic game, set in a crumbling world, ravaged by the Oracle War. The gods have fallen, after harrowing years when oracles foresaw what was coming. Factions within congregations beset one another and were eventually shattered, and after years of bloodshed their allegiances were blamed and hunted down. In the absence of the divine powers, the Darkness Before has reawoken, ensnaring the weak and meager to do its bidding. The war rages on some thirty years after the foreshadowed but forsworn Godfall, but its stakeholders and driving forces have since long been altered or replaced. The misery is widespread, and matters of life and death set the course of action for most survivors.
They are launching the game at Patreon, chapter by chapter every month, starting this last weekend in January with the second chapter. The first introducing chapter is available online at their website, along with a dictionary, historic summary and their first web tool (a name generator). Planned are 15 chapters in total, each with between 20-30 pages of content. It will be in full-color and prepared to be enchanted into a physical tome when they are done in 2017!
The game has a strong folklore undertone, and the setting is heavily inspired from celtic, saxon, germanic and norse culture, and offer possibilities for everything from traditional adventurous gameplay, to culture, faction-based and more strategic takes on gaming.
Their team consists of eight people distributed over five countries (UK among them), but the main target market is UK, EU, US and Canada.