- [Just Crunch Games] The Cthulhu Hack: The Dark Brood
- [DramaScape] Golf Course
- Brett M Bernstein Interview
- Preparing For Dragonmeet
- [Fainting Goat Games] Space Supers #3: Starburst Sentinels [ICONS]
- [D101 Games] Cyber Monday Sale
- [Ennead Games] Quick Generator: Creature Concept 2
- Scott A Woodard Interview
- Ken Rolston at The Kraken
- Rick Meints at The Kraken
Rogues Gallery Competition – Win UK Games Expo Tickets
To help celebrate UK Role Players’ 10th anniversary, there will be a number of competitions run throughout the year. Each competition (which will be themed) will require entries in the form of NPCs that can be compiled into a Rogues Gallery PDF at the end of the year. I hope that with the excellent prizes lined up there will be a wealth of entries and the PDF will become a much valued resource. Each entry will comprise of at least 500 words detailing the NPC. System-specific information (such as a stat block) isn’t required but if included won’t count towards the 500 word minimum. There is no limit to the number of entries that individuals can submit and each will be counted separately for the prize draw. For example, if you submit 5 entries you will have 5 chances to win.
Our first competition, run in conjunction with UK Games Expo will be running until midnight on 31 March 2013. UK Games Expo have very kindly donated two Extended Entry tickets (which provide entry for the whole show Friday to Sunday).
- Card Games
- Role-playing Games
- Miniature Games
- Family games
The goal is to create a fun event which will appeal to families and the general public as well as the enthusiast. You arrive, you wander around the trade stands, try out any games you wish, sit in on the seminars or join in with the tournaments These are the main elements:
- Tournaments and Championships in the most popular game systems
- Newest games and releases on show AND PLAYABLE
- Large trade fair
- Family Zone – lots for the kids to do
- Authors and artists
- Participation and Demonstration Games – No need to know the rules or book in advance -JUST WALK UP AND ASK TO JOIN IN!
- Costumed Groups
- Seminars and Talks
- Space for Open Gaming and Roleplaying Games
- Game Ambassadors in blue shirts – if you are new, on your own or just lost ask them and they will help.
UK Games Expo IS open to the public. You can book in advance (online tickets coming soon) OR just turn up and pay on the day.
The theme for this competition comes from the mind of former UK Role Players administrator, and sometime columnist, Evilgaz. Gaz has run a number of, well received, pirate adventures at conventions over the years, charting the successes, and sometime failures, of Tight Purse Harvey and his crew. In these adventures Tight Purse Harvey’s main adversary was Black Alan Mead but who else has Tight Purse made an enemy of? This is your chance to tell us – in at least 500 words.
Remember there is no limit to the number of entries an individual can submit, so sharpen those pencils and get writing…
- Each entry submitted counts separately for the prize draw.
- A random draw will be held as soon as possible after 31 March, with two submissions each receiving an Extended Entry ticket to UK Games Expo.
- The prize for this competition is 1 Extended Entry ticket for UK Games Expo. Travel, accommodation or other costs are not included and are the responsibility of the winner. There are two prizes available to be won.
- The only people not allowed to enter this competition are the administration team for UK Games Expo and myself (Dave McAlister).
- The competition closes at midnight on 31 March 2013.
- Entries should be emailed, before the closing time/date, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries remain the copyright of the entrant but, by entering, permission is given to UK Role Players, in perpetuity, to compile the entries into a PDF free product for download.