- [Cakebread & Walton] Massive Renaissance D100 PDF Sale and Bundle Discount
- [Ennead Games] Spell Options 5: Acid Arrow
- [Shades of Vengeance] Era: Survival Kickstarter
- All Rolled Up and Swedish Gaming
- [Ennead Games] Quick Generator – Cybernetics & Implant Names
- [Mongoose Publishing] Spinward Marches 2: The Lunion Shield Worlds
- Seven Hills
- [DramaScape] Fifth Anniversary Sale
- [Cakebread & Walton] OneDice Hauntaway
Vanguard RPG on Kickstarter
Vanguard is a sci-fi RPG for young and old gamers alike. The players take on the role of space-faring adventurers at the beginning of a galactic war. It is a story of personal, political and ecological adversity; of friendships tested by social and cultural differences; and heroism against a seemingly unstoppable force.
Designed to appeal to gamers of all ages (7+) and levels of experience, VANGUARD—Varmisk Fallen, draws on a wide range of inspirations: think of it as Wind in the Willows— meets MassEffect. However, it draws just as much from classics such as Robotech and Starblazers, Traveller, Mekton, HeavyGear and Cyberpunk2020; StarWars, Battlestar Gallactica among others.
It is a heroic space opera that rewards teamwork and taking chances, with a depth of setting to inspire drama and conflict. Using simple mechanics and a modular design, VANGUARD—Varmisk Fallen, allows more advanced elements to come into play as newer gamers familiarise themselves with the concepts of roleplaying. Mathematics in the mechanics have been kept light, with only six-sided dice used and most statistics kept to single digits.
VANGUARD—Varmisk Fallen has been a year in production and game testing and is now reaching completion. The rules, setting and first two modules are complete, but there is still much to be done– and that’s where you come in.
This Kickstarter is to pay for professional editing and further artwork, to ensure the end result is a high-quality product.
The final product will take the form of two books:
- Each book will be approximately 124pages in length, with the core rule book containing everything needed to play and the expanded rule book providing a more sophisticated playing experience.
- Large format (8”x11”, A4), in full-colour
- Provided in digital (PDF) format
- Also available as premium print soft- and hard-cover formats.